Problem with Exam mode HP Prime 2
09-13-2024, 03:05 PM
Problem with Exam mode HP Prime 2
My HP Prime G2 calculator is stuck in the basic mode and exam mode settings. The keyboard is not working, it only shows the current version.

I have tried restarting the calculator by resetting it and pressing the buttons, but it didn't work.

I have opened the Connect Kit via computer and tried to delete the exam mode, but apparently that didn't work either.

In short, the calculator is stuck in exam mode and the keyboard is not working, only a few keys on the black keyboard are working.

Has anyone had a similar problem? How did you solve it?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-14-2024, 09:43 AM
RE: Problem with Exam mode HP Prime 2
(09-13-2024 03:05 PM)eduardobueno99 Wrote:  My HP Prime G2 calculator is stuck in the basic mode and exam mode settings. The keyboard is not working, it only shows the current version.

I have tried restarting the calculator by resetting it and pressing the buttons, but it didn't work.

I have opened the Connect Kit via computer and tried to delete the exam mode, but apparently that didn't work either.

In short, the calculator is stuck in exam mode and the keyboard is not working, only a few keys on the black keyboard are working.

I’m no expert but the on calculator help text says the following

The Basic Mode will end when the calculator is connected to either a PC or another HP Prime via the micro-USB cable
09-15-2024, 02:34 PM
(09-14-2024 09:43 AM)Terje Vallestad Wrote:  
(09-13-2024 03:05 PM)eduardobueno99 Wrote:  My HP Prime G2 calculator is stuck in the basic mode and exam mode settings. The keyboard is not working, it only shows the current version.

I’m no expert but the on calculator help text says the following

The Basic Mode will end when the calculator is connected to either a PC or another HP Prime via the micro-USB cable

With the HP Connectivity Kit or without? Because I tried it and after the exam time (15 minutes), nothing changed in the calculator.
09-15-2024, 04:12 PM
(09-15-2024 02:34 PM)eduardobueno99 Wrote:  With the HP Connectivity Kit or without? Because I tried it and after the exam time (15 minutes), nothing changed in the calculator.
If you connected to a PC using an USB cable and the calculator still remains in exam mode, I do not have any other suggestions. Sorry
09-15-2024, 09:14 PM
Maybe try another cable. It may be faulty or a cable only rated for power supply and not data.. many are like this these days
09-15-2024, 10:03 PM
Did you try a RESET through the hole in the back?

Günter

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)