Best HP Financial Calculator
05-06-2015, 09:04 PM
RE: Best HP Financial Calculator
Beginning I do not really like the 12C, but since I wrote my SOLVE(I) for my 12C I don't want to use any other calc. BUT:

30B: the fastest calc I ever used and it have all important probability and inverse function and of course trigs - but how can I write a program for any statistical data collection without SIGMA+/- keys? Why no stopwatch (is it possible to install quartz and firmware just ONLY time functions and (stop)watch???). Why no 16kB RAM???

17BII: Excellent calculator, excellent SOLVE - why I feel something missing when I grab it into my hand???

10BII+: My first OMG: Brillant calc, why not programmable...? (OK: no more place on keypad...)

12CP: Err..., enough memory, faster than 12C..., why this color scheme and that LCD and keys... Grrr...!

So: the classic 12C is the best...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2015, 11:52 AM
(05-06-2015 09:04 PM)Csaba Tizedes Wrote:  30B: ... Why no stopwatch (is it possible to install quartz and firmware just ONLY time functions and (stop)watch???). Why no 16kB RAM???

The hardware for a stopwatch and a RTC is there as was proven by the WP 34S design team. Obviously there is no firmware support in the 30b for these functions.

The Atmel SOC just has 2KB of non volatile RAM built in. There is no external bus to add more. So we are stuck with the hardware here.

Marcus von Cube
Wehrheim, Germany
http://www.mvcsys.de
http://wp34s.sf.net
http://mvcsys.de/doc/basic-compare.html
05-09-2015, 01:05 PM
I'll voice a little surprise no one has come forward with an HP41 that they have personally customized for their own financial calculator needs.

And love it above all others . . .

Wink

2speed HP41CX,int2XMEM+ZEN, HPIL+DEVEL, HPIL+X/IO, I/R, 82143, 82163, 82162 -25,35,45,55,65,67,70,80
05-09-2015, 02:32 PM
(05-09-2015 01:05 PM)TASP Wrote:  I'll voice a little surprise no one has come forward with an HP41 that they have personally customized for their own financial calculator needs.

And love it above all others . . .

Wink

What about GMAC financing modules?

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-09-2015, 08:58 PM
(05-09-2015 11:52 AM)Marcus von Cube Wrote:  The hardware for a stopwatch and a RTC is there as was proven by the WP 34S design team. Obviously there is no firmware support in the 30b for these functions.
I just want a stopwatch function only, I need the original firmware because I want to keep my 30B but I really like to use my calc as a stopwatch, too. Is it possible after installing a quartz into motherboard?
05-09-2015, 10:39 PM
(05-09-2015 08:58 PM)Csaba Tizedes Wrote:  I just want a stopwatch function only, I need the original firmware because I want to keep my 30B but I really like to use my calc as a stopwatch, too. Is it possible after installing a quartz into motherboard?

No, it's not. The original 30b firmware does not have a stopwatch function.

Marcus von Cube
Wehrheim, Germany
http://www.mvcsys.de
http://wp34s.sf.net
http://mvcsys.de/doc/basic-compare.html
05-14-2015, 10:52 AM
(03-18-2015 08:51 PM)Blendama Wrote:  Someone commented on the 19Bii's battery door.

Back in 2003 I was starting MBA school and thought I'd treat myself to a 19Bii. I purchased it new online and received one of the new ones with the revised battery door. While the door is definitely a better design, the rest of the calculator was poorly manufactured.

The keys changed from grey/taupe to black. They were loose and rattled. It was also made in Indonesia which is why I have a negative view of all Indonesian made calcs (I know, I should keep an open mind!)

I returned it and bought an older one off ebay. NIB. Made with high quality Singaporean craftsmanship! Smile

I use the calc daily so that's more important than the door which I'll only access every few years. Plus we all know how to change clamshell batteries so it's not an issue for me.

So while I do love the 19Bii, id rate older units > units with new battery door

The Problem with the Batterydoor on the side is, it will break, if not today, then tomorrow, the Battery "push" from the inside, I had 2, both "new" and the Door broken on there own without touching them ;( the Programms are lost. I use now the Battery Back Door HP19bii and it's perfect.
05-14-2015, 11:46 AM
(05-14-2015 10:52 AM)RayLuca Wrote:  The Problem with the Batterydoor on the side is, it will break, if not today, then tomorrow [...]
The oldest of my two clamshells is about 30yo. Both with intact battery compartements. I got a spare battery door from TAS before learned that often not only the door breaks, but also the housing Undecided. Otherwise new doors could be printed to solve that problem I guess. However, I'm convinced there are some samples being more robust than others. My 18C's door should have broken long before as I was quite harsh in handling it in the first few years.
05-14-2015, 12:16 PM (This post was last modified: 05-14-2015 12:23 PM by RayLuca.)
I guess. However, I'm convinced there are some samples being more robust than others.
[/quote]

Ok, agree with you Wink
05-14-2015, 04:52 PM
I remember that the 28C I bought when it was just released back in 1986, although having the battery side cover, did not show the broken port problem. The cells pushed the door very lightly. I used it for years and, finally, sold it ten years later with the door in perfect condition.

Lately I bought a NOS 28S. The door broke the very first time I closed it with the cells in place, they were exerting a BIG pressure on the door.

Somebody "enhanced" a working design.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)