RE: Laportes website not available
Merci beaucoup.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2015, 09:39 PM
Thank you.

Bernhard

That's one small step for a man - one giant leap for mankind.
04-26-2015, 09:50 PM
I want to make a public statement regarding my own website. If I should pass away, I give public permission to re-post the web pages for non-profit use and for free sharing. This is so you hear it from the horse's mouth.

Namir--a man called horse!
04-26-2015, 11:54 PM
(04-26-2015 06:43 PM)Leonid Wrote:  Archive of "Jacques Laporte's Home on the Web":
http://www.filedropper.com/jacques-laporteorg
25.6 MB (unpack and click index.html)

Thank you Leonid, it is fantastic to have the Archive now on my computer - it is such a wonderful resource, especially for anyone wanting to understand the CORDIC algorithm.

However I note that the "forum" is not saved in your archive Leonid.

I have a lovely memory of finding a "new" error in the (original) HP35 and Jacques making a brief video showing the error using his "real" HP35 calculator. You can read the thread here on the "Wayback Machine".

The exp(ln(X)) bug, perhaps a new number?

So the "Wayback Machine" is still useful to reference Jacques Forum.

RIP Jacques - Merci beaucoup for ALL your work.

Regards, Geoff Hitchcox, Christchurch , New Zealand
04-27-2015, 12:43 PM
Thank you very much, Leonid ! Very nice work :-)
...and many many thanks to Jacques, may he rest in peace.
Marc
04-28-2015, 02:06 AM
(04-26-2015 06:43 PM)Leonid Wrote:  Archive of "Jacques Laporte's Home on the Web":

Maybe it's just my browser (Chrome)...or my OS (Windows 8.1)...or my ineptitude (plentiful) -- but I don't see a download link. I do see a note at the bottom of the screen indicating that the file size is 0 KB. Can anybody verify that the zip file is still available?

John
04-28-2015, 03:30 AM
(04-28-2015 02:06 AM)John R Wrote:  

Maybe it's just my browser (Chrome)...or my OS (Windows 8.1)...or my ineptitude (plentiful) -- but I don't see a download link. I do see a note at the bottom of the screen indicating that the file size is 0 KB. Can anybody verify that the zip file is still available?

Click the grey button that says "Download this File", then complete the captcha and the download process will begin.

--Bob Prosperi
04-28-2015, 04:09 AM
(04-28-2015 03:30 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  Click the grey button that says "Download this File", then complete the captcha and the download process will begin.

Thanks, Bob. (As suspected, it was ineptitude....)

John
04-28-2015, 01:33 PM
(04-28-2015 04:09 AM)John R Wrote:  
(04-28-2015 03:30 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  Click the grey button that says "Download this File", then complete the captcha and the download process will begin.

Thanks, Bob. (As suspected, it was ineptitude....)

No need to apologize. I had the strategic advantage of initialy being confused how to get the file a day earlier than you.

A bit odd they still use that style, since on most pages with buttons/links like that, clicking one will generally bring you to some unwelcome advertising, a download you did not want, or even infection, etc.

--Bob Prosperi
05-01-2015, 11:38 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2015 07:07 AM by Francois Roulet.)
rprosperi Wrote:  It is good practice to also ask his family's permission to do so, however I would not wait for it since it can be presumed to be OK.
Please do share it; I'm sure Jacques would have wished this community be able to see his work.

Fortunately, his wife Germaine authorizes and encourages us to republish his work so that the memory of Jacques remains.

Here's the Jacques site, as it was in February 20, 2015.
http://home.citycable.ch/pierrefleur/Jacques-Laporte/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-17-2015, 09:36 AM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2015 09:39 AM by Harald.)
I also am very sorry to hear Jacques passed away. I always intended to contact him with a few comments about his website but onfortunately postponed it too long now.

I spent a lot of time browsing through his website and learnd a lot about HP calculators while doing so. It was a shock when his website was down and the reason became obvious. Thanks for putting it back online!

RIP Jacques

Edit: I just started looking for something and found that many of the pictures are not available. Is there any chance to get them back on line?
The filedroper link doesn't seem to work anymore (at least not for me).
07-18-2015, 01:28 AM
I am also very, very sad to find out that Jacques Laporte has passed away. Two years ago, I gave a talk at the HHC conference on restoring an HP-29C. A good portion of my work came from an email discussion that I had with Jacques and some of the schematics he had on the HP Woodstock series. I completed some schematics where Jacques had left off and offered them to him to post if he chose to. He will be truly missed as one of the individuals who helped our understanding of HP calculators and someone who was very selfless with the work he shared with everyone.
I lift a glass in your honor, Jacques.
09-02-2015, 03:17 PM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2015 03:18 PM by Francois Roulet.)
For remembering Jacques Laporte, here's a new historic collection of HP-Classic JavaScript Emulators, working on all platforms, even iPhone and tablets:
http://home.citycable.ch/pierrefleur/HP-...assic.html

with a HP-45 iPhone standalone emulator:
http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1027784359

[Image: icon175x175.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-04-2015, 07:40 PM
Very sad news, I read it just now, apologize for my absence in these last months.
I've no words to add, I'm not able, could he rest in peace
01-08-2016, 08:53 PM
(05-01-2015 11:38 AM)Francois Roulet Wrote:  Here's the Jacques site, as it was in February 20, 2015.
http://home.citycable.ch/pierrefleur/Jacques-Laporte/
Thanks for hosting Jacques' site. Doing some research for Wikipedia I tried to access the following page, but apparently it's gone:

http://home.citycable.ch/pierrefleur/Jac...ithm_2.htm

Do you know what happened to it? Does someone have it archived?

Greetings,

Matthias

--
"Programs are poems for computers."
01-08-2016, 10:32 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2016 11:11 PM by jebem.)
(01-08-2016 08:53 PM)matthiaspaul Wrote:  Doing some research for Wikipedia I tried to access the following page, but apparently it's gone:
http://home.citycable.ch/pierrefleur/Jac...ithm_2.htm
Do you know what happened to it? Does someone have it archived?

I believe I have a copy of it.

(unfortunately several files pointed from this html page are missing)

I'm adding the ones I could find.

File hp35.asm.txt:
Rename it to "hp35.asm" (I had to do it as the forum seems to ignore the asm file extension),
It is referenced in the link at the row with the string "We enter in the ln(M) routine at label “ln25” of the Rom listing, address 02021. "

Attached File(s)
.htm  Logarithm_2.htm (Size: 16.31 KB / Downloads: 28)
.txt  hp35.asm.txt (Size: 13.61 KB / Downloads: 18)

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

01-09-2016, 01:44 PM
(01-08-2016 10:32 PM)jebem Wrote:  I believe I have a copy of it.
Thanks, Jose!

I hope Francois can merge them back into Jacques' site as well.

Greetings,

Matthias

--
"Programs are poems for computers."
01-09-2016, 10:45 PM
If needed, I would offer a free webspace on my server to host or mirror the site.
06-19-2016, 01:29 PM
Hello:

Very sad news about Mr. Laporte, he did some awesome reverse engineering. Hats off.

There are many images missing for the hardware part in the sites that are online, could someone please repost the zip archive from Leonid? the file is no longer available at filedropper.

Best Regards

Steve Sousa

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)