DM-41 firmware V17
04-20-2015, 11:40 AM
DM-41 firmware V17
Some results of testing new firmware V17.

1. CAT works, about 2 function names per second compared to 4-7 in V16 and previous.

2. TIME works!!!!!

3. ON+x function layout changed. Now, ON+ are:
A and B do not work
C: serial console
E: version info
K: LCD contrast (use +-, ENTER to store)
N: toggle 12/48 speed, show version info
O: keytest

STO: adjust time -1 hour (shows full time+date)
RCL: adjust time +1 hour (shows full time+date)

Unfortunately, there is no ON+B "full time+date" like in the previous version, I hope Michael and David would restore it.

Please, share your findings!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-21-2015, 08:56 AM
RE: DM-41 firmware V17
Michael told me to forget about old ON+B full time+date.
04-23-2015, 03:18 PM
Now V18.

I can't get SST & BST to work, neither in Programme nor Catalogue.

Does anyone else have this problem?
04-24-2015, 06:47 AM
Have now re-flashed with V18 & SST & BST function correctly.
04-25-2015, 09:51 AM
Gerald, V18 has remark "DM41 without extended module". Could you prove it lacks extended module?
04-25-2015, 11:16 AM
(04-25-2015 09:51 AM)x34 Wrote:  Gerald, V18 has remark "DM41 without extended module". Could you prove it lacks extended module?

Yes, EMROOM returns 124.
This is due to a bug found in the firmware related to extended memory.
I hope this is only a temporary fix.

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-26-2015, 06:17 AM
(04-25-2015 09:51 AM)x34 Wrote:  Gerald, V18 has remark "DM41 without extended module". Could you prove it lacks extended module?

Swiss Micros has had a V19 available for a few days, but there are no release notes.
07-26-2015, 09:54 AM
(07-26-2015 06:17 AM)DMaier Wrote:  

Swiss Micros has had a V19 available for a few days, but there are no release notes.

EMROOM still returns 124 on V19.

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-26-2015, 11:04 AM
Hi all

I received my DM-41 a week ago with FW V18 installed. Everything lives up to my expectations. A minor thing though I can't change the font with the key chain listed in the manual. Any ideas?
Furthermore, I wrote an e-mail to David asking about up/down-loading programs via the USB port. So far I've not received an answer. Does anybody of you know about the program load capabilities of the DM-41? Or do I have to retype all my programs into the machine?

Thanks in advance for any help and best regards Stephan
08-27-2015, 07:03 AM
(08-26-2015 11:04 AM)Stephan Wrote:  A minor thing though I can't change the font with the key chain listed in the manual.

Does not work, even with V19 firmware. List of extended keyboard functions is for all DM models. Some do not work with DM-41.

(08-26-2015 11:04 AM)Stephan Wrote:  Does anybody of you know about the program load capabilities of the DM-41? Or do I have to retype all my programs into the machine?

Asked the same question some weeks ago. You can store/load complete memory dump, but not individual programs. Michael from Swiss Micro replied that this feature is on fututre implementation list, but it is a lot of work.

Regards,

Werner
08-27-2015, 10:49 AM
(08-27-2015 07:03 AM)Sadsilence Wrote:  
(08-26-2015 11:04 AM)Stephan Wrote:  A minor thing though I can't change the font with the key chain listed in the manual.

Does not work, even with V19 firmware. List of extended keyboard functions is for all DM models. Some do not work with DM-41.

(08-26-2015 11:04 AM)Stephan Wrote:  Does anybody of you know about the program load capabilities of the DM-41? Or do I have to retype all my programs into the machine?

Asked the same question some weeks ago. You can store/load complete memory dump, but not individual programs. Michael from Swiss Micro replied that this feature is on fututre implementation list, but it is a lot of work.

Regards,

Werner

Hi Werner

Thank you very much indeed for your explanation and confirmation. Your answer comforts me to quite an extend. Then I shall wait in patience for the functionalities to be added to and the bugs to be fixed for the DM-41. Anyway, for the time being I am absolutely happy with the calculator as is.

Best regards
Stephan
08-27-2015, 12:01 PM (This post was last modified: 08-27-2015 12:05 PM by Sadsilence.)
As a great HP41 fan I could not resist for a long time before buying a DM-41. First I was a little bit disappointed cause of keyboard. Now I completely changed my mind. Of course keys are a compromise, but in all other parts it is great.

With HP41 timer completely implemented you can use it as a(n) (alarm) clock and stuff like that. With DM-41 I eventually found a reliable method for checking button cell rechargable batteries, which I use in some other devices. Rechargeable button cells do not suffer so much from high internal resistance when current load is constantly in mA range like described here. Unfortunately you cannot use racing car chargers for charging/capacity check. Normally charge/discharge current starts at 50/100 mA for such chargers which is much too high for button cells. There are a few simple button cell chargers available, that do a reasonable job (normally after modifying too high charge current);alone discharge option with capacity check is not there.

DM-41 current load is nearly constant @ 4.2 mA when keeping it busy @ 12 MHz and 13.5 mA when keeping it busy @ 48 MHz and running it with a 3.6/3.7V rechargeable button cell. Together with "Akkutest" program rechargable button cells not only are discharged at a reasonable current level but integrated stopwatch automatically measures discharge time. Moreover program switches off calculator when battery nearly empty flag is set, preventing deep discharge of battery (and a memory lost). You can even use stored stopwatch value to calculate battery capacity by multiply it with current values mentioned above ;-). Perfect. For that purpose I modified DM-41 a little bit, so I can attach button cells of different size.

Best regards,

Werner

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)