HP Prime Program Editor Bug (7820)
05-18-2015, 05:51 AM (This post was last modified: 05-18-2015 05:51 AM by mandresve.)
HP Prime Program Editor Bug (7820)
Hello everyone, I have a problem writing code from my HP Prime. When I press the [EVAL] key appears ";" instead of ",". I could not write a single comma from the keyboard!
Sad

Manuel Andrés Vélez

Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm.
View PNG/JPG in your Prime
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-18-2015, 07:41 AM
RE: HP Prime Program Editor Bug (7820)
Go to home settings and change digit grouping with no thousand separators and point on decimals. The more I use the calculator the more I´m convinced this format is the most stable. It´s a pity, because I´d prefer with thousand separators, but it is not worth it for the strage behaviours.
Find all posts by this user
05-18-2015, 03:23 PM (This post was last modified: 05-18-2015 03:24 PM by Tim Wessman.)
(05-18-2015 05:51 AM)mandresve Wrote:  Hello everyone, I have a problem writing code from my HP Prime. When I press the [EVAL] key appears ";" instead of ",". I could not write a single comma from the keyboard!
Sad

You have changed your decimal settings to something like 123'456,789

This means that ; is used for argument separation, and , is used for the radix separation. Pressing the [ . ] key will type your , separator.

[,] will give you your argument separator based on your settings.
[.] will give you your radix separator based on your settings.

If you want it to always match what is printed on the keys, you'd need to pick the 123'456.789 option instead.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
05-18-2015, 03:26 PM
(05-18-2015 07:41 AM)akmon Wrote:  Go to home settings and change digit grouping with no thousand separators and point on decimals. The more I use the calculator the more I´m convinced this format is the most stable. It´s a pity, because I´d prefer with thousand separators, but it is not worth it for the strage behaviours.

There is only one strange behavior I'm aware of (editing from the memory screen). Everything else should be working fine though. Am I missing other things?

Now if you say that having the CAS screen always use no separators and . only, then yes that is something that cannot be avoided at this time. It isn't inconsistent however since the entire CAS screen works that way by design due to that limitation.

TW

05-18-2015, 05:06 PM
(05-18-2015 03:26 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  
(05-18-2015 07:41 AM)akmon Wrote:  Go to home settings and change digit grouping with no thousand separators and point on decimals. The more I use the calculator the more I´m convinced this format is the most stable. It´s a pity, because I´d prefer with thousand separators, but it is not worth it for the strage behaviours.

There is only one strange behavior I'm aware of (editing from the memory screen). Everything else should be working fine though. Am I missing other things?

Now if you say that having the CAS screen always use no separators and . only, then yes that is something that cannot be avoided at this time. It isn't inconsistent however since the entire CAS screen works that way by design due to that limitation.

No, you´re not missing other things. The strange behaviour is entering to memory, list or matrix screen. The calculator crashes and reboots itself. I´m not sure if the behaviour also affets to programs that use lists or matrix.
05-18-2015, 05:51 PM
(05-18-2015 05:06 PM)akmon Wrote:  No, you´re not missing other things. The strange behaviour is entering to memory, list or matrix screen. The calculator crashes and reboots itself. I´m not sure if the behaviour also affets to programs that use lists or matrix.

Sounds to me like there is a bad file in there... have you tried doing a backup to the computer, resetting, and restoring things?

TW

05-18-2015, 07:44 PM
It could be. I didn´t restore, but I´m sure it will work. But it wasn´t neccesary. What is true is that after changing digit grouping the problem was fixed.
05-18-2015, 07:55 PM
If you are amenable, I'd love a copy of the backup so I can hopefully try to see that happening on my end. It is possible you've found an issue... no clue how it could be impacting though. Everything I've tried seems to behave as expected. email to
timwessman hp.com

TW

05-18-2015, 09:42 PM
I was going to reproduce the behaviour and I can´t do it. Now, using both digit grouping, I can access to memory and other menus. I´m 100% sure the problem was fixed changing from digit group. But I know soon or later I´ll have the problem. In that moment, I´ll do a backup and sending to you.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)