User Function Key to cycle Number Format
06-15-2015, 12:48 PM
User Function Key to cycle Number Format
I have not made it to the point that I understand programming on the HP Prime. This is a primarily feasibility question as to if it is possible to create a user program that would:

(1) Cycle through several number formats (Standard, Scientific, Engineering, & Floating)

(2) If not (1) then swap between two formats (Engineering & Floating) *preferred*.

(3) Then assign the program to the [Shift][User][EEX] keystroke sequence *preferred*.

(4) If not (3) then assign to a softkey only visible after the [Shift][User] sequence.

TYIA - Roy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-15-2015, 01:03 PM
RE: User Function Key to cycle Number Format
Short answer: Yes.

According to your algorithm, check out:

1. HFormat; (Home Settings Variable)
2. format(Real, String); command
3. Reassigning keys; User Guide page 511
4. Drawmenu() command

-Dale-
06-15-2015, 01:34 PM
RE: User Function Key to cycle Entry Mode
I have not made it to the point that I understand programming on the HP Prime. This is a primarily feasibility question as to if it is possible to create a user program that could modify the GUI to add the ability to select the Entry Mode directly from the Quick Setting menu. If this is not possible then could a user program:

(1) Cycle through the Home Entry Modes (Textbook, Algebraic, RPN)

(2) If not (1) then swap between two modes (Textbook, RPN) *preferred*.

(3) Then assign the program to the [Shift][User][Enter] keystroke sequence *preferred*.

(4) If not (3) then assign to a softkey only visible after the [Shift][User] sequence.

TYIA - Roy
06-15-2015, 01:45 PM
Your questions are focusing on HOME variable setting. The best answer I can think of is to direct your attention to:

[Help] | Tree | Variables | Home Variables | Home Settings Variables.

You can see which are available, and setting them programmatically, or via the command is generally possible. The entry modes use the "Entry" Home variable.

As Joe has pointed out in another post today, there are some things that need to be considered between the HOME and CAS views.

As far as programming is concerned, jump in! Make a few mistakes, and you'll be much more comfortable with programming before long.

-Dale-
06-15-2015, 02:01 PM
(06-15-2015 01:34 PM)rgallier Wrote:  I have not made it to the point that I understand programming on the HP Prime. This is a primarily feasibility question as to if it is possible to create a user program that could modify the GUI to add the ability to select the Entry Mode directly from the Quick Setting menu. If this is not possible then could a user program:

(1) Cycle through the Home Entry Modes (Textbook, Algebraic, RPN)

(2) If not (1) then swap between two modes (Textbook, RPN) *preferred*.

(3) Then assign the program to the [Shift][User][Enter] keystroke sequence *preferred*.

TYIA - Roy

A user program is feasible, as a start point you can look at this Entry Mode switcher which does (1) and is assigned to the On key.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)