Strange crashes in the spreadsheet
08-19-2015, 02:24 AM
Strange crashes in the spreadsheet
Tried to use the spreadsheet for something yesterday and the first thing I test, reboots the calculator and all the input is lost...
http://screencast.com/t/9lqgYY0nqW

It seems to be related with the NAME. The virtual calculator also crashes.

My website: erwin.ried.cl
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2015, 03:30 AM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2015 03:31 AM by Tim Wessman.)
RE: Strange crashes in the spreadsheet
Couldn't reproduce with my first try here, but on the list to look at.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
08-19-2015, 04:46 AM
(08-19-2015 03:30 AM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Couldn't reproduce with my first try here, but on the list to look at.

http://screencast.com/t/8S1xnQuk1SP <- this hangs the spreadsheet quicker

My website: erwin.ried.cl
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-19-2015, 07:05 AM
I tried your second example on the emulator, first with no digit-grouping, worked without problems. Then I used your grouping: "1.000,05" as I thought it was another fault caused by that, but it worked, too. I played a little bit using the named fields and suddenly: crash. After that I reset to no digit-grouping, entered your example and played around, no crash. So my first impression seems to be correct, another bug caused by digit-grouping set to some other value.
Arno
08-19-2015, 11:21 AM
The spreadsheet contents for name "AAA" are corrupt which crashes the app. The name "CCC" seems to be ok, on my machine. Seems to be a problem with cell names in the spreadsheet app.
08-20-2015, 06:45 AM
(08-19-2015 11:21 AM)DrD Wrote:  The spreadsheet contents for name "AAA" are corrupt which crashes the app. The name "CCC" seems to be ok, on my machine. Seems to be a problem with cell names in the spreadsheet app.

Weird, I thought to try that again and used "better" names, did not crash. Then I renamed the fields to AAA and CCC and played around with different formulas using these and no crash. Hmmm...
Arno

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)