Flickering Display (Spice) while charging ?
10-24-2015, 08:50 PM
Flickering Display (Spice) while charging ?
Has anyone seen the display of a Spice Series machine flicker as if running a program if you turned on the calc while charging?

It happened to me last night. I put a completely discharged HP battery pack in and tried charging it. After a few minutes, I turned on the calculator to see if there was any power and the display was flickering like crazy, as if a program was running. Suspecting this might be trouble, I immediately turned it off, disconnected the charger and removed the battery pack. When I replaced it with two standard AA batteries, the calculator worked just fine.

Has this happened to anybody else ?

Regards,
Bob
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-25-2015, 01:42 AM
RE: Flickering Display (Spice) while charging ?
(10-24-2015 08:50 PM)bshoring Wrote:  Has anyone seen the display of a Spice Series machine flicker as if running a program if you turned on the calc while charging?

It happened to me last night. I put a completely discharged HP battery pack in and tried charging it. After a few minutes, I turned on the calculator to see if there was any power and the display was flickering like crazy, as if a program was running. Suspecting this might be trouble, I immediately turned it off, disconnected the charger and removed the battery pack. When I replaced it with two standard AA batteries, the calculator worked just fine.

Has this happened to anybody else ?

If the rechargeable cells were not making contact with the battery terminals and/or if they were bad you would see exactly this. Replace the rechargeable cells in your battery pack with new ones and try again. You'd be well advised to not run the calculator at all while it's plugged into the AC adapter. The manual will tell you it's okay and it is but only if the cells are good and are making good contact, this is often not the case.

-katie

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-25-2015, 03:05 AM
RE: Flickering Display (Spice) while charging ?
Thanks Katie, Appreciate your good advice !

Regards,
Bob
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)