HP Prime APP Windows Store
12-07-2015, 02:05 AM
HP Prime APP Windows Store
Just bought the APP.
I'm pumped about this. This new app is great. The keys are larger than the connectivity kit so I can use my Surface Pro 3.

You can't use the Connectivity Kit, but WHO CARES.
You can copy text(hence a program) from your desktop connectivity kit to calculator APP.

It is awesome.

-Luis-
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2015, 05:21 AM
RE: HP Prime APP Windows Store
(12-07-2015 02:05 AM)luisphysics Wrote:  ... You can't use the Connectivity Kit, but WHO CARES...
I care.
Maybe when your calculator gets lots of user programs, and somehow you lose them (eg. after the update or otherwise), you change your mind. If not, then you're a lucky man.

Prime, 15C CE
12-07-2015, 06:18 AM
Hello,

On the PC, you can always backup the application files to save all your data.
Makes it much easier.

Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
12-07-2015, 06:33 AM
Sorry, I didn't realize the different behaviour Windows store app from Android one.

Prime, 15C CE
12-07-2015, 09:16 AM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2015 09:18 AM by StephenG1CMZ.)
I am confused.
The Windows App store says the HP Prime App All is $ 19.99 and works on Windows 8 and 10 and
" works on: PC".

Does this mean the "App" doesn't work on Windows 10 tablets, despite being listed in the App store?
Does this mean HP are now charging for PC versions?

Also, when can I expect to see the price in £ ?
My spell checker insists it is an All not an A p p, sorry

Stephen Lewkowicz (G1CMZ)
https://my.numworks.com/python/steveg1cmz
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-07-2015, 08:46 PM
(12-07-2015 09:16 AM)StephenG1CMZ Wrote:  I am confused.
The Windows App store says the HP Prime App All is $ 19.99 and works on Windows 8 and 10 and
" works on: PC".

Does this mean the "App" doesn't work on Windows 10 tablets, despite being listed in the App store?
Does this mean HP are now charging for PC versions?

Also, when can I expect to see the price in £ ?
My spell checker insists it is an All not an A p p, sorry

I typed HP Prime

The app seems to look like a universal app, so according to windows it should work. I haven't tried a windows 10 tablet yet. I know it works on my PC. Maybe it isn't available in your region just yet(but this is just a guess).

So the PC software that comes with the calculator should still be free. But if you want to use the APP on a tablet and your phone, it will cost you money, because now you are purchasing the software, which they had to port to a Universal Windows app.

-Luis-
12-07-2015, 09:32 PM
It is a windows 8.1 store app - not a "universal" one. This means it should support win8.1 and above, but not things like the xbox. :-)

I did install it on a crappy 30$ winphone I bought at the grocery store. Was surprising useable!

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
12-07-2015, 10:00 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2015 10:04 PM by Voldemar.)
How about HP Prime emulator? "ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/Prime/" Will it be free? Or I must buy app from Windows Store.
12-07-2015, 11:22 PM
(12-07-2015 09:32 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  It is a windows 8.1 store app - not a "universal" one. This means it should support win8.1 and above, but not things like the xbox. :-)

I did install it on a crappy 30$ winphone I bought at the grocery store. Was surprising useable!

Crappy Phone? Or tablet? Because the phones are not x86

My website: erwin.ried.cl
12-08-2015, 12:12 AM
Unless you have done the research and not quoting from some internet article, implying "you" did all the analysis, correct with error bars, and it is reproducible... let us not get into the benefits of 64-bit vs 32-bit on phones.

-Luis-
12-08-2015, 03:19 AM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2015 03:21 AM by Tim Wessman.)
(12-07-2015 11:22 PM)eried Wrote:  Crappy Phone? Or tablet? Because the phones are not x86

Phone - specifically was an Lumina 640 I think. So it was definitely an ARM build. Note that it was one I built myself from source so I am not 100% certain the release one on the store will run on winphone ARM, but I am pretty certain it will.

I was pretty impressed with how useable it was on such a small screen. After a short bit of time it was perfectly useable without trouble. Normally, I am pretty picky about that so I was quite surprised.

TW

12-08-2015, 04:01 AM
Cool, it the store says only "PC". It does not show up in my 1520. If it runs on arm it could probably run in the Xbox haha Tongue

My website: erwin.ried.cl
12-08-2015, 01:51 PM
Strange. I have Windows 8.1 Pro on my laptop and I can't find the Prime App in the store. Is it only available in certain regions?
12-08-2015, 06:20 PM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2015 08:15 PM by Tim Wessman.)
(12-08-2015 01:51 PM)ndzied1 Wrote:  Strange. I have Windows 8.1 Pro on my laptop and I can't find the Prime App in the store. Is it only available in certain regions?

No clue. I can't find it from my win 8.1 vm either. I am checking...

[EDIT] Looks like it is only showing on the win10 store and that is being investigated (should be on win 8.1 also). Additionally, it is currently flagged x86 only. Guess they must have had an issue with the arm or something. Dunno.

TW

12-09-2015, 02:48 AM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2015 02:58 AM by Dougggg.)
The regular emulator works on my Dell Venue 8 pro with win 10, I have to rotate it to portrait but it works.

Update it works best in non tablet mode and either horiz or vert. in tablet mode it is alway horiz
12-11-2015, 05:57 PM
Should show up on the win 8.1 store now as well.

TW

12-15-2015, 02:51 PM
(12-07-2015 10:00 PM)Voldemar Wrote:  How about HP Prime emulator? "ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/Prime/" Will it be free? Or I must buy app from Windows Store.

The HP Prime simulator found at this site you have cited still be free... The paid app HP Prime is designed for tablets and smartphones running Windows.
If you could not have money for buying the Windows Store app, stick with the desktop simulator on PC, which is free.
12-16-2015, 01:46 PM
(12-15-2015 02:51 PM)Anderson Costa Wrote:  The HP Prime simulator found at this site you have cited still be free... The paid app HP Prime is designed for tablets and smartphones running Windows.

Thank You for answer. Hoped that it will stay.
12-16-2015, 05:02 PM
Does anyone know when the app will be available for Windows Phone? I'm able to see the app in the Windows store from Windows 10, but it states that the app is only available for x86 and x64. When I search for the app on my phone (Lumia 1520 - Windows Mobile 10), it doesn't return anything.

Thanks,
Greg
12-18-2015, 06:02 PM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2015 09:43 PM by Cristóbal De Jesús.)
To me, there's no difference between a non-Universal Windows Store app made exclusively for x86 devices, and the desktop version. I appreciate the efforts, but Windows 10 apps need to be Universal to be truly modern nowadays. The sad part as I see it is that the app will not sell well and the platform will be blamed for it.

I was REALLY waiting for this app, but I cannot buy a non-Universal app after October 2015. I hope it gets updated soon, along with connectivity kit functionality, cloud sync, fluid UI upon resizing, tight integration with all the sharing and other Win 10 features and full small-screen (i.e. phone) support , and I'll pay double the current price.

I'm the proud owner of a tough-to-beat hardware hp Prime, and have provided 4 of them to family students. I do appreciate the product and hope for it's success and evolution, as an Universal Windows 10 app as well.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)