HP-10BII+ One more to my collection
04-17-2016, 04:53 AM
RE: HP-10BII+ One more to my collection
Congratulations to you for the new collection! Saw one here at a book store around two months ago, tempted to get it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-17-2016, 08:47 AM
(04-17-2016 04:53 AM)factor Wrote:  Congratulations to you for the new collection! Saw one here at a book store around two months ago, tempted to get it.

Thank you!

I'm not going to be a spoiler here, but I believe you have been closer than I finding the easter egg!

I had no idea about Tim's HP-10bii+ easter egg foundation, until someone gave me a clue about it. However, even then I could not find it.
As I see it, it is easier writing in hex (I do not like octal, though) than finding that easter egg!

It is a nice well built pocket sized powerful machine that deserves to be in any home.

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

04-17-2016, 08:57 AM
(04-15-2016 02:27 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  It's been there since first release. :-D

Now I know...
I would say it is easier to win the lottery than finding it!

I lacked the required background culture here to be able to find it, but after some (well, a lot!) guidance from someone with more skills, I managed to get your message out of my nice machine Smile

Great easter egg, Thank you!

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

04-17-2016, 05:07 PM (This post was last modified: 04-17-2016 05:19 PM by Tim Wessman.)
(04-17-2016 08:57 AM)jebem Wrote:  ... I managed to get your message out of my nice machine Smile

You're welcome. Both Cyrille and I are big fans and were very sorry about the passing. :-(

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
04-17-2016, 05:22 PM
(04-17-2016 01:21 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  It took me even longer than Katie, so we're safe, though I still hope there is no bus incident... It's been a long time since I've searched like that, and in the end, I know and like this great little machine even more. Thanks again Tim!
Were there any clues? I feel like an idiot Big Grin.

But I found the 18C easter egg - and was about throwing that thing away. Explosive egg.
04-17-2016, 05:26 PM
(04-17-2016 05:22 PM)Thomas Radtke Wrote:  Were there any clues? I feel like an idiot Big Grin.

But I found the 18C easter egg - and was about throwing that thing away. Explosive egg.

The only clue I had is on this page.

Did not know the 18C had an Easter egg too. I may need to find it, drag it out and take a look.

--Bob Prosperi
04-18-2016, 10:21 AM
(04-17-2016 05:07 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  
(04-17-2016 08:57 AM)jebem Wrote:  ... I managed to get your message out of my nice machine Smile

You're welcome. Both Cyrille and I are big fans and were very sorry about the passing. :-(

Indeed, despite I never heard about him or his great work before (shame on me), I too start feeling the sense of a big loss.
I'm considering acquiring one part of his works now. Better late than never, I would say.

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)