HP Prime Virtual Calculator and HP Connectivity Kit Together on Mac?
06-05-2016, 08:42 PM
HP Prime Virtual Calculator and HP Connectivity Kit Together on Mac?
I am using the CrossOver application on Mac OS X 10.11.5 successfully. That is, I can run the individual applications without any trouble. They do not see each other, though, even though they are installed in the same bottle. That is, I open the Connectivity Kit and then open the Virtual Calculator but it is not recognized (connected) so I cannot sync or back up.

Any ideas? Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2016, 06:36 AM
RE: HP Prime Virtual Calculator and HP Connectivity Kit Together on Mac?
Hello,

The communication between the conn kit and the emulator on windows is done using a named pipe.
For this to work, they have to run on the same 'computer'... if cross over spawns 2 different virtualization boxes, or sand boxes the apps, then it will not work.

Do you have a recent con kit? If yes, you might have a network configuration in the con kit preference menu. enable this, restart the con kit and then see if the emulator can pick that network up in the home setting/page 4. No guaranties though.

Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
06-06-2016, 11:26 AM
I stumbled a bit but your suggestions worked perfectly once I got it right. Thanks!
06-06-2016, 02:36 PM
So I think that this situation is funny: I am now able to connect the virtual calculator with the connectivity kit on Mac, but when I plug in the real calculator using the USB cable, it does not connect.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
06-06-2016, 04:11 PM
(06-06-2016 02:36 PM)mark4flies Wrote:  So I think that this situation is funny: I am now able to connect the virtual calculator with the connectivity kit on Mac, but when I plug in the real calculator using the USB cable, it does not connect.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Wine/Crossover has never implemented a USB subsystem unless I am totally remembering incorrectly. So not really funny at all but a limitation of "nobody ever wanted to take the time to do it".

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
06-06-2016, 09:40 PM
I just received a reply from the Crossover technical support group. They pointed me at this FAQ: USB Help.

I don't have my cable with me on this trip so I have to wait to try this suggestion as soon as I get home in a couple of days. Perhaps somebody else can use it in the meantime.
06-07-2016, 05:41 AM
Quote:Do you have a recent con kit? If yes, you might have a network configuration in the con kit preference menu.
Interesting Smile
If only I had enough time to work on libti* adequately, let alone libhpcalcs...

Quote:Wine/Crossover has never implemented a USB subsystem unless I am totally remembering incorrectly. So not really funny at all but a limitation of "nobody ever wanted to take the time to do it".
Correct, Wine does not have a generic USB subsystem compatible with the Windows USB subsystem, because implementing it is a gigantic task.
06-08-2016, 09:49 PM
Maybe not what you are looking for but I use VirtualBox running Windows 7 on my MacBook Air (OS X 10.11.5) to run the Connectivity Kit and Emulator. Makes the poor little fans blow a bit, but at least I didn't have to buy a PC. Firmware updates are problematic though.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)