Yes, calculators are made from plastic ^^
08-25-2014, 07:57 PM
RE: Yes, calculators are made from plastic ^^
(08-25-2014 07:32 PM)Lonewolf Wrote:  
(08-25-2014 12:25 PM)Bill Zimmerly Wrote:  The body of the HP-Prime and the soul of the HP-50G (RPL).

(Body == hardware, Soul == software)

Are you thinking of, for professional use?

/Silicon Valley Regards

(Puzzled look) What's the difference?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-25-2014, 08:00 PM
(08-25-2014 07:57 PM)Bill Zimmerly Wrote:  
(08-25-2014 07:32 PM)Lonewolf Wrote:  Are you thinking of, for professional use?

/Silicon Valley Regards

(Puzzled look) What's the difference?

I like the way you're thinking about scientific calculators.

/Silicon Valley Regards
08-25-2014, 09:22 PM
(08-25-2014 07:28 PM)Lonewolf Wrote:  
(08-25-2014 09:18 AM)walter b Wrote:  Well, perfect scientific calculators (PSC) are a long story. ... Please just let me point you to the fact that we offer 2.5 approximations to a PSC: The WP 31S (featuring a primary pi), the WP 34S, and the 43S. You find plenty of information about them on this very forum. Enjoy!

I appreciate your reference to the WP-series of scientific calculators; I want to be more specific. . . Whether RPN or algebraic, a 'perfectly' designed scientific calculator for the non-professional (...) would be one that would have all of the first-functions, as space allows, that are very important to non-professional scientific use:

1. 1/X; pi; DMS; EE; ENG; DRG; sqrt; x^2; sin; cos; tan; log; ln; y^x; STO; RCL; Ab/c; Rec>Pol

Relegating the trigonometric HYP button to a second-function would free up a first-function button.

And all of this would be in a package no longer than 5-3/4". You would pick up this handy, elegant scientific calculator with an organized keypad, efficiently perform common calculations with minimum keystrokes, and it would have soundness in its mechanical design.

Seems reading didn't mean acting, thus I'll present the WP 31S to you:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=406]

You can see it fulfills most of your requests. With the HW we can get (HP 30b), it's 149 mm long. And - most important - it's available.

With respect to the importance of particular 'scientific' functions, there are many different opinions here. The design of the WP 31S underwent a few polls on this forum to ensure maximum acceptance. Of course, other surfaces were and are possible, but this one was chosen. As mentioned, you'll find plenty of information about this calculator and its siblings here. Please search and check.

Whatever you'll not find explained there, I'm most willing to answer for you.

d:-)
08-25-2014, 10:06 PM
(08-25-2014 09:22 PM)walter b Wrote:  [quote='Lonewolf' pid='17734' dateline='1408994908']

1. 1/X; pi; DMS; EE; ENG; DRG; sqrt; x^2; sin; cos; tan; log; ln; y^x; STO; RCL; Ab/c; Rec>Pol

Seems reading didn't mean acting, thus I'll present the WP 31S to you:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=406]

You can see it fulfills most of your requests. With the HW we can get (HP 30b), it's 149 mm long. And - most important - it's available.

With respect to the importance of particular 'scientific' functions, there are many different opinions here. The design of the WP 31S underwent a few polls on this forum to ensure maximum acceptance. Of course, other surfaces were and are possible, but this one was chosen. As mentioned, you'll find plenty of information about this calculator and its siblings here. Please search and check.

Whatever you'll not find explained there, I'm most willing to answer for you.

I've never seen anything so beautiful in my life; so close to perfection. I know God and His heavenly hosts would be pleased. . .

Forgive my next question; I have nieces and nephews that I want to help, and want to make their debut to the world of math as easy as possible; can this WP scientific calculator be had in direct algebraic logic?
/Silicon Valley Regards
08-26-2014, 06:50 AM
(08-25-2014 10:06 PM)Lonewolf Wrote:  I've never seen anything so beautiful in my life; so close to perfection. I know God and His heavenly hosts would be pleased. . .

Thankyou for your very kind words. Nevertheless, you could have found that out yourself (and as a lone wolf you are able to).

(08-25-2014 10:06 PM)Lonewolf Wrote:  I have nieces and nephews that I want to help, and want to make their debut to the world of math as easy as possible; ...

A very honourable intention indeed! Wishing you success!

(08-25-2014 10:06 PM)Lonewolf Wrote:  ... can this WP scientific calculator be had in direct algebraic logic?

IMHO, that's a contradiction to the first half of your sentence now. I just found this statement in a vintage HP manual:

HP-25 Owners Handbook Wrote:The HP system ((i.e. RPN)) takes a few minutes to learn. But you'll be amply rewarded by the ease with which the HP-25 solves the longest, most complex equations. With HP, the investment of a few moments of learning yields a lifetime of mathematical bliss.

Applies for any RPN calculator. Just food for thought.

(BTW, you can truncate the preceding post you quote - not everything must be repeated always. FYI)
08-26-2014, 07:26 AM
(08-26-2014 06:50 AM)walter b Wrote:  (BTW, you can truncate the preceding post you quote - not everything must be repeated always. FYI)

Or you can use "New Reply"...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Big Grin (Sorry Walter)

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-26-2014, 07:37 AM (This post was last modified: 08-26-2014 08:00 AM by walter b.)
(08-26-2014 07:26 AM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  
(08-26-2014 06:50 AM)walter b Wrote:  (BTW, you can truncate the preceding post you quote - not everything must be repeated always. FYI)

Or you can use "New Reply"...

Scusi, Massimo, I'll repeat it once more for you:
  • If you press "New Reply" your post will be thrown at the very end of the current thread.
  • If you press "Quote" your post will be filed right after the post you are responding to.
See the difference? Else please read it again. Grazie.

d:-/

P.S.: If you still don't see a difference, this may be the reason.
08-26-2014, 09:12 AM
(08-26-2014 07:37 AM)walter b Wrote:  
(08-26-2014 07:26 AM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  Or you can use "New Reply"...

Scusi, Massimo, I'll repeat it once more for you:
  • If you press "New Reply" your post will be thrown at the very end of the current thread.
  • If you press "Quote" your post will be filed right after the post you are responding to.
See the difference? Else please read it again. Grazie.

dUndecided

P.S.: If you still don't see a difference, this may be the reason.

If there's something you don't need to do is repeating this once more...
The difference is crystal clear: I just want to annoy you! (And it works, or so it seems) Tongue

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)