Landscape vs Portrait
09-02-2016, 09:09 PM
RE: Landscape vs Portrait
(09-02-2016 08:09 PM)Logan Wrote:  The interesting question is, does landscape encourage setting it on a desk? Or do people enjoy landscape because they prefer putting their calculators on a desk? Smile

Why should portrait, besides fitting perfectly in one's hand, prevent a desk use?

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2016, 09:25 PM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2016 09:26 PM by emece67.)
(09-02-2016 09:09 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  Why should portrait, besides fitting perfectly in one's hand, prevent a desk use?

I do not think that the portrait format prevents the desk use, just that the landscape one, in my case, fits better for such use. I've used, for years, a 48 in such a way (and earlier than that a 42), but now, after using landscape machines for a year or so, I feel them better.
Find all posts by this user
09-02-2016, 10:37 PM
(09-02-2016 08:09 PM)Logan Wrote:  ... a portable calculator is made to be picked up and used and the use of one's thumbs ...

I don't think I ever used my thumbs to press any key other than the space bar on a computer or typewriter keyboard. I hold my calculators and phones in one hand and press the buttons with the fingers of the other - but never the thumb. To do that, I need devices with the portrait form factor.
Find all posts by this user
09-03-2016, 05:20 AM
(09-02-2016 10:37 PM)Maximilian Hohmann Wrote:  
(09-02-2016 08:09 PM)Logan Wrote:  ... a portable calculator is made to be picked up and used and the use of one's thumbs ...

I don't think I ever used my thumbs to press any key other than the space bar on a computer or typewriter keyboard. I hold my calculators and phones in one hand and press the buttons with the fingers of the other - but never the thumb. To do that, I need devices with the portrait form factor.

Ditto.

Looks like we're old school nowadays. :)

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)