Printing with HP50g
09-05-2016, 08:47 PM
Printing with HP50g
What kind of possibilities there is to print your work with 50g.

The HP82240B is obvious, but what else. Is it possible to print to file? is it possible to print via USB to USB printer, is it possible to print via IR to PC to file etc...

(possible = there is atleast P.O.C. type of working project already somewhere)

I have found out some details and P.O.Cs, but I try to probe more information.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2016, 06:32 AM
RE: Printing with HP50g
try to take a look here http://sense.net/~egan/virtual82240b/ Wink
09-06-2016, 01:46 PM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2016 01:47 PM by DavidM.)
Christoph Giesselink has also created a simulator for Windows that works well with both his emulated calcs and real ones connected via USB. You can find his version here.

Also worth mentioning: while not a "printing" tool, SDFiler can be used to store data to the SD card without the usual header that the calculator O/S normally puts at the beginning of an object. This can facilitate storing data that can be directly accessed on the card by apps on other platforms. If your intent is to find a better way of getting data to other platforms, you may want to consider this option.
09-08-2016, 03:50 PM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2016 03:54 PM by Martin Hepperle.)
Hi,

if you are into electronics and microprocessors you can build an IR-USB receiver for your PC. You can then run Christoph Giesselink's printer emulator receiving its input via a USB->COM port.
http://www.mh-aerotools.de/hp/

Note however, that the infrared range of the HP 50g is rather limited (about an inch or so).

Martin
09-09-2016, 05:00 PM
Thx for the proposes and information. I look them up when I have had vacation for these 50g detective subjects searching workarounds to something that HP should have done at the first place.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)