Suggestion for EDIT Mode
10-03-2016, 03:41 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2016 03:44 PM by toml_12953.)
Suggestion for EDIT Mode
I have quite a few programs on my Prime and after editing, it's a pain to have to scroll through the list to find the program I just edited so I can test it. How about a Run command right in the editor so that you can make a change, test it and make more changes if necessary without having to exit the editor, find the program in the list, run it and reenter the editor if there are bugs? If that's not feasible, how about letting Shift-1 return to the last program edited rather than the top of the list each time it's used?

Tom L

Tom L
Cui bono?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2016, 04:35 PM
RE: Suggestion for EDIT Mode
Hey good one Tom. If not the first part of your request, at least the second with the top of the list.

Bernard M
10-03-2016, 05:07 PM
RE: Suggestion for EDIT Mode
Editing a program normally seems to place it at the top already, selected by default, in the recent OS version I use (though the app program always appears just above that). The only flaw I see here is that if the app program was the last one edited, the cursor doesn't remember that but appears one below, which can be annoying.

Relating to this, it would be nice if the program editor would remember the last cursor position within the program I was editing. What's especially annoying is that it's too easy to press a wrong key that instantly pops me out of the program editor and into another screen. Then I have to go back and find my place, and get back the train of thought that was lost due to the disruption. This happens to me all the time, and the lost productivity adds up faster than you might think. A good UI design, IMO, would either allow me to easily return to where I was without lost state (i.e., my cursor and viewing position) when this happens, or failing that, at least not allow me to leave by accident so easily.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)