Vertical Curve
12-14-2013, 07:22 AM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2013 07:24 AM by cdodds.)
Vertical Curve
Creates a list with station and elevation information in L0. If a value between the VPC and VPT is entered in "Special Station", it returns data for that station only, if left at 0 the entire curve will be returned at the interval specified.

CD Dodds
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-14-2013, 10:02 AM
RE: Vertical Curve
I don't think that using .txt for an emulator program file is the best thing to do.
Keeping the original .hpprgm would be better.

Patrice
“Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.” Albert Einstein
12-14-2013, 04:40 PM
To send a text file easily to a real or virtual calculator ("emulator") use primeComm making it a valid format

link primeComm
http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-36.html
12-14-2013, 05:41 PM
Hi Compsystems,
My point was that that the file attached in first post is named .txt but is in fact a .hpprgm from the emulator.

Patrice
“Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.” Albert Einstein
12-15-2013, 10:43 PM
I would love to post it as a .hpprgm but every time i tried to upload it I got "Invalad file format" so I changed the extension and uploaded fine. I would appreciate any help you could offer.

CD Dodds
12-16-2013, 01:59 AM
(12-15-2013 10:43 PM)cdodds Wrote:  I would love to post it as a .hpprgm but every time i tried to upload it I got "Invalad file format" so I changed the extension and uploaded fine. I would appreciate any help you could offer.

Just compress it to a zip file -- makes it slightly smaller and it will upload just fine.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
12-16-2013, 03:32 AM
Thanks Han,

I have downloaded many programs fo my HP50. This is the first program I have ever uploaded. It is a learning experience. Especially the prime, I like it but there is a learning curve.

Thanks again it is appreciated.

CD Dodds
01-15-2014, 06:21 AM
Updated Vertical Curve program.

Now will handle unsymetrical vertical curves.

Enter 0 for the curve length and it will prompt for tangent length in and tangent length out.

If I try to display the list by using EDITLIST(L0); the calculator reboots. I would apreciate any insight into this problem someone may have.

CD Dodds
01-21-2014, 05:26 AM
(01-15-2014 06:21 AM)cdodds Wrote:  If I try to display the list by using EDITLIST(L0); the calculator reboots. I would apreciate any insight into this problem someone may have.

Could it be that you have not updated the firmware? The first (and only, to date) update fixes this issue, among others.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
02-09-2014, 06:37 PM
Vertical Curve 1.01

Updated to save your Calculator settings (HDigits, HFormat, and Entry) when the progran starts and resets them to previous setting when the program ends. The program wouldn't execute the editlist command because I have my calculator set for RPN.

If you want a symetrical curve enter your curve length, If you want to enter an unsymetrical curve enter "0" for length and it will promt for the two lengths from the VPI. if all you want is a special station enter the station you want and it will return the info of the vertical curve and that station.

Attached File(s)
.zip  Vertical Curve 1.01.zip (Size: 1.84 KB / Downloads: 83)

CD Dodds
04-21-2014, 03:44 AM
I transferred the program over with PrimeComm. Whenever I try and run it on my calculator it get a syntax error for line 2.

I may be doing something wrong? This is the first time I've ever transferred a program over.

Any help would be great!
04-21-2014, 04:24 AM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2014 04:41 AM by loopfish.)
Update: I seem to be able to get it to work on the emulator... Maybe it's a setting in my calculator that's doing it?

Also - on my emulator it says the program is 7kb but on my calculator it says it is 0kb??

I've also now attached two pictures, the one that says no errors is from my emulator. The one with errors is from my physical calculator. Any thoughts?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-21-2014, 11:09 AM
(04-21-2014 04:24 AM)loopfish Wrote:  Update: I seem to be able to get it to work [only] on the emulator...
I've also now attached two pictures, the one that says no errors is from my emulator. The one with errors is from my physical calculator. Any thoughts?

I only get that error when I send it to a Prime with firmware rev 2013 8 13 (5106). It transfers without error to firmware rev 2013 11 25 (5447). Perhaps you need to upgrade your firmware?

<0|ɸ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-21-2014, 04:54 PM
So I thought I had updated my firmware but it turns out all I did was download it, not install it. Stupid connectivity kit...

Anyways, I've installed the new firmware and now the app works.

Would love an app like this for horizontal curves!

Thanks!!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)