Turbo mode on CASIOs
05-04-2017, 02:30 PM
Turbo mode on CASIOs
I found in one other topic the following Xerxes' Benchmark list: LIST. If you check the list you can found some "Turbo x3.0, x2.7, etc..." markings for CASIO FX-702P, 4000P or 6300G.

How it is possible to set "Turbo" mode these calculators?
What does it mean exactly "Turbo" in this case?

Thanks for all the hints and answers!
Csaba
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2017, 07:06 PM
RE: Turbo mode on CASIOs
Hi Csaba,

"Fast mode" means speed up by software control and "Turbo" means accelerating the device by hardware modification.

Calculator Benchmark
05-05-2017, 04:38 AM
(05-04-2017 07:06 PM)xerxes Wrote:  Hi Csaba,

"Fast mode" means speed up by software control and "Turbo" means accelerating the device by hardware modification.

Big Grin OK, I figured out something similar, but I Googled my half day to find information about these hardware modifications without any success (but I found lots of mcode programming on graphics CASIOs).

Have you got links or pdfs about this?!

Csaba
05-05-2017, 11:48 AM
Sorry, but I have no link or pdf, because almost all turbo CASIOs in the list are the result of own experiments starting
in 1981 with the FX-602P. The speed up of the 4-bit CASIOs is pretty easy, because you only need to lower the resistor of
the RC oscillator. Speeding up the 8-bit CASIOs is more complicated, because you need a ceramic resonator with the correct
frequency.

Calculator Benchmark
05-07-2017, 10:25 AM
Hi Csaba,

I should have a description for speeding up the FX-602P, if you are interested I can search for it. It can take a while, because I recently moved and most of my collection is stored in boxes.

Marc.
05-07-2017, 04:09 PM
(05-07-2017 10:25 AM)Marc van Lemmen Wrote:  Hi Csaba,

I should have a description for speeding up the FX-602P, if you are interested I can search for it. It can take a while, because I recently moved and most of my collection is stored in boxes.

Marc.

It would be good if you could do this. I feel that a description of this should be on the internet somewhere!

Nigel (UK)
05-07-2017, 05:10 PM
(05-07-2017 10:25 AM)Marc van Lemmen Wrote:  Hi Csaba,

Marc.

I'm interested, of course, and sure I can wait.
Thank you!

Csaba
05-08-2017, 12:00 AM
(05-05-2017 11:48 AM)xerxes Wrote:  Speeding up the 8-bit CASIOs is more complicated, because you need a ceramic resonator with the correct frequency.
Not necessarily.

http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-554...l#pid49523

Hope it helps,

Matthias

--
"Programs are poems for computers."
05-08-2017, 12:11 PM
Thanks, it was interesting to read. I've modified many devices, but the CASIO PB-1000/2000C was the only one, without having any kind
of complications with the interfaces or the baud rates, regardless of the CPU clock. Another worth mentioning device is the CASIO PB-770,
because it can be accelerated extremly up to factor 5, with a power consumption increase of less than 50% only, if I remember correctly.

Calculator Benchmark
05-08-2017, 09:21 PM
I've found the documentation ! There are 36 pages of information and programs for the Casio FX-602P made by E. Welker from Germany made in 1982, including adding extra memory ( max. 12288 steps ), turbo mode and synthetic programming!

I've searched internet for this information and E. Welker, but I can not find anything. Maybe some of the forum members in Germany know him ? I am not sure if I can put all this information on the net without his permission.

05-11-2017, 07:21 AM
(05-08-2017 09:21 PM)Marc van Lemmen Wrote:  I've found the documentation ! There are 36 pages of information and programs. I am not sure if I can put all this information on the net without his permission.

If you're in doubt, scan it and post me or drop me a link.

I guess there are no any copyright problem, if you're name the publication where it is came from and the author. He will be happy if he can see his work is lives again.

2017 is the 35th anniversary of this documentation - publish it as an "Anniversary Collection"! I think so many people will be happy if you post it.

All the TI's and HP's ROMs are available over the web and we have no information about that 550 times more information which are cannot indexing by Google - we never know what is available or what is not.

So, be a braveheart, feed it into your scanner and post it, please - without courage there is no victory! Smile

Thank you so much!
Csaba
05-11-2017, 04:36 PM
Hi, I'll make a pdf of it. The whole document is written in German, but that should not be a problem I think.

Mr. E. Welker put a lot of work in it, it looks like it is printed on a FP-10, and then copied.

Marc.
05-11-2017, 08:00 PM
(05-11-2017 04:36 PM)Marc van Lemmen Wrote:  Hi, I'll make a pdf of it.

Thank you, we are waiting for this treasure Smile

Csaba
05-14-2017, 06:08 PM
Hi. I've made a pdf of it, but I am not happy with the quality. I'll try to make a better one, but in the meantime I'll attach this one to this post.

Marc.

Attached File(s)
.pdf  FX-602P.pdf (Size: 2.68 MB / Downloads: 89)
05-15-2017, 01:47 PM
(05-14-2017 06:08 PM)Marc van Lemmen Wrote:  Hi. I've made a pdf of it.

Thank you, Marc!

Csaba

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)