How about an online documentation here
06-28-2017, 09:38 AM
How about an online documentation here
Could the manager of this website maybe create a spreadsheet of commands that we all can edit, with all the existing commands, and allow us to add undocumented commands or descriptions that don't exist as we discover them. i.e. If HP won't supply us with decent documentation, lets create it ourselves. e.g. I just discovered the =< operator and the array_sto() function. If we had this, I could add this here. We'd add a 40 character description and a link. Provide us with a space to place notes and we can link to the more detailed notes and put examples in there too.
This would be invaluable to anyone programming.
Currently there is a lot of good information on this website, but it's not formatted or easily obtained. If we create a place for it, I think everyone would be cooperative and would create this. The nice thing about it is it'll be a dynamic document and we can keep it uptodate.
Anyways, I think it'd be a good idea.
Thx
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-28-2017, 10:19 AM
RE: How about an online documentation here
There is a topic called "Important Threads," and one of them contains, "Documentation and Tutorials." This could be a good place to keep a new thread with ONLY the member created and maintained documentation manual. That way it would be easily relocatable and readily editable. I don't know how to assure the accuracy of content, or translation between various languages, (the devilish details), though.

-Dale-
06-28-2017, 10:50 AM
We could try a spreadsheet and not bother with verification of accuracy. We just trust one another. But not as a thread. We need a spreadsheet or table of some sort....also we need something like git or something so that we can't have 2 people editing the table at the same time losing one person's input.
06-28-2017, 10:59 AM
Sounds like a great idea to me, but such things often lose their steam after an initial enthusiasm rush.

There have been several times when I have accidentally stumbled on undocumented verbs. This mostly happens when I have scrambled the code in some way, and error messaging reports contain alternative commands. Unfortunately, I am not a good citizen when it comes to keeping track of these things. My aging memory does not retain them well, so they disappear from my vocabulary. While unsupported commands like those are 'in there,' an ASCII ROM dump may be required to extract them.
06-28-2017, 01:12 PM
I think the easiest thing is to adapt the following content or documentation to hp-prime

eng
http://www-fourier.ujf-grenoble.fr/~pari...index.html

And complement it with the official documentation that is in French.

frn
http://www-fourier.ujf-grenoble.fr/~pari...index.html

I like the interface of NEW-RPL documentation
https://newrpl.wiki.hpgcc3.org/doku.php

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)