A Valuable resource may go offline Mid-August 2017
08-02-2017, 03:19 AM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2017 03:20 AM by bshoring.)
A Valuable resource may go offline Mid-August 2017
While this has been mentioned in the "Not Quite HP but related" forum, I thought I would mention here that a valuable online resource is at Tony's site:
http://www.teenix.org
However, for technical reasons it may go offline the middle of this month. Even if you are not interested in HP calculator simulators, there is still a lot of good technical stuff on his site that is worth reading. At the same time, for anyone who would like to try out some of the early HP calculators for free on a Windows computer, there are a lot of different models to choose from. But better do it before the 16th of August!

And for Mac users, there are several great HP simulators for the Mac (from the HP-35 to the HP-16C) at
http://www.bartosiak.org/nonpareil/index.html

Like most of us, I love to be able to use my original HP calculators, but sometimes it is also fun to try a simulation of a model that I don't currently own.

Regards,
Bob
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2017, 01:23 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2017 01:25 PM by Eddie W. Shore.)
RE: A Valuable resource may go offline Mid-August 2017
I wonder if the site is compromised, I attempted to download a simulator from that page and it was questioned by my anti-virus software (McAfee Livesafe).

Did anyone else encounter problems with the cce33.zip file?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-02-2017, 02:07 PM
RE: A Valuable resource may go offline Mid-August 2017
It's not going offline.

I already have the entire site running on my server. All Tony has to do before his server goes down is to point the DNS to my server and it will continue running seamlessly.

Eric
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)