Anyone had this calculator keyboard problem?
11-05-2017, 04:05 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2017 04:06 AM by webmasterpdx.)
Anyone had this calculator keyboard problem?
I have a problem with one key, the number 3.
When I press gently and gradually apply more force, I hear and feel the click, but 3 does not appear on the display. I have to press firmly. I can get 3 to appear again and again by pressing and releasing just enough (without clicking).

Every other key causes the number to appear when the click happens. It's caused me to often type something in and omit the number 3, as I felt the click and assumed that the 3 was input.

How long is the warrenty for this kind of thing supposed to last? I'm unsure as to when this problem started, but I only noticed it recently.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2017, 09:50 AM
RE: Anyone had this calculator keyboard problem?
The hardware warranty is 12 months.

The first hp prime I purchased had the same kind of key problem, and when I called support, (800-hp invent), they had me return the defective hp prime, and sent me a replacement. In my case the replacement was a "C" model, replacing my original "A" model.

If you are asked to send in yours for replacement, you might receive the new enhanced keyboard version, as a replacement. I just bought a new one, and the key visibility is much better. I can actually see the legends on this new one, although not perfect, even yet.

In all my years, and I have purchased many different hp products, from calculators to test and measurement products, this was the first time hp product workmanship was this disappointing. Hp recalled my troublesome hp 49, and replaced it with the excellent hp 50g. However, current hp quality control philosophy makes it clear that hp is not the company it once was.
11-05-2017, 10:11 PM
I'll hate waiting for the new one though :-)
I'll have to call them next week....I'll have to see if I can find the darn receipt.
-Donald
11-05-2017, 10:27 PM
That's why you have the VC. Keeps the anxiety under control! Who know's? Maybe there will be a new firmware release (if any, ever) that fixes every bug you ever heard of, and then, with a visible keyboard, you'll be able to transfer your great creations when the replacement finally arrives.
11-05-2017, 11:06 PM
True, I'd love to have the new keyboard! :-)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)