Public Beta Availiable - Win/Mac/Firmware [UPDATED]
11-08-2017, 06:59 PM
RE: Public Beta Availiable - Win/Mac/Firmware [UPDATED]
(11-08-2017 06:46 PM)ggauny@live.fr Wrote:  Hi Tim,

I think you are right. I have uninstall astrolab and solar view and all
is ok now.

Glad that was it and not something I wasn't aware of yet! Smile

I am fairly certain it is due to the program having some function names that are too long (32 char limit that wasn't enforced back when it was written), but I do need to be able to prevent the issue on detection. It is on my list of critical things to get done before release already.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2017, 07:29 PM
(Prime HW): Screen flicker on choose of plotcontour().
11-08-2017, 08:31 PM
(11-08-2017 11:32 AM)Voldemar Wrote:  
(11-07-2017 04:33 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Enjoy!
Just ordered HP Prime. :) It will come next week.
... I was just about to press the BUY! button too, but I refrained myself when I started to think about a could-be revamped body for this almost-new soul.
I am not in a hurry, but one of Han's master opera, SolveSys, is so so tempting; for being a daily user of non-linear systems, it is the ultimate tool for me. Besides, I would like to start working with its very polished CAS.
For how long will I be able to keep on refraining my finger to click on the buy button? >D

Saludos Saluti Cordialement Cumprimentos MfG BR + + + + +
Luigi Vampa +
Free42 '<3' I + +
11-08-2017, 08:46 PM
(11-08-2017 06:59 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  ...
I am fairly certain it is due to the program having some function names that are too long (32 char limit that wasn't enforced back when it was written), but I do need to be able to prevent the issue on detection. It is on my list of critical things to get done before release already.

In the 32 chars limit is included only the name or also the brackets and params names?
i.e. in Astrolab the longer var is
FromLocalTimeToUniversalTime()
I think it's 28 characters, excluded the ()...
I don't remember if in Solar System there were longer variables, as I deinstalled it time ago for the problem that you said. Maybe they were over 32 chars...
I ask that because in my Effemerids program there are a few vars with 25/28 characters, and if they are "too long" I must cut them.

Salvo

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-08-2017, 08:54 PM
(11-08-2017 08:46 PM)salvomic Wrote:  In the 32 chars limit is included only the name or also the brackets and params names?

Only the name. If you try it now, it pops up an error and doesn't compile your program source.

In SolarSystem there were 1-2 that were something like 35/36 chars long from memory.

TW

11-08-2017, 09:04 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2017 09:39 PM by salvomic.)
(11-08-2017 08:54 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Only the name. If you try it now, it pops up an error and doesn't compile your program source.

In SolarSystem there were 1-2 that were something like 35/36 chars long from memory.

thank you.
In fact by me the problem was only with Solar System (and 35 chars are also "too long to read", hi) that gave also problem with the Catalog.

Astrolab 4.1 main program is running now in my calc and in emulator and I'm testing it to find other eventual issues (as my Effemeridi program). For now no crashes or slowness noted. If I'll find other problems I write in the forum...
For now Program check doesn't present errors. But when Marcel will release a new version all will be better Smile

EDIT: I tried to install Solar System again: after the installation Catalog in too slow to start, and then it seems to be "sticked" on top; removing Solar System (but not Astrolab itself) all become ok.
Solar System is based on Geometry and when plot some ellipses it has effect on Catalog (and Vars list) as Geometry itself...

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
11-08-2017, 09:54 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2017 09:56 PM by DrD.)
Thanks for that quick fix for the r12951 firmware 11/6/2017 update!

http://www.hpcalc.org/prime/beta/ r12969 dated 11/08/2017
11-08-2017, 10:37 PM
(11-08-2017 06:23 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  This seems strange. FREEZE not behaving nicely at the moment is a known issue, but I would not have expected a crash there. It feels like the compiled program from before might be bad in some way which I would not expect at all.

I also had issues with FREEZE on my Prime (HW C). For me, the problem occurred in a little program found here the forums called 'Entry Mode Switcher' which is used to hop between entry modes (RPN / Textbook / Algebraic). It uses the FREEZE command near the end to keep the currently selected mode on the screen until a key is pressed. With the Beta FW, I encountered spontaneous reboots a few times trying to execute this program. The code is very simple and copied below in case it helps in nailing down the FREEZE bug:

KEY K_On()
BEGIN
Entry:=(Entry+1) MOD 3;
STARTVIEW(-1,1);
TEXTOUT_P(STRINGFROMID(1903+Entry),G0,2,207,2,RGB(255,0,0));
FREEZE;
END;
11-08-2017, 10:41 PM
(11-08-2017 10:37 PM)ekeppel Wrote:  reboots a few times trying to execute this program. The code is very simple and copied below in case it helps in nailing down the FREEZE bug:

1. Have you opened the source that lives in and closed it again? Does it still happen?
2. Please remove the STARTVIEW call and see if it still does.

TW

11-08-2017, 11:08 PM
(11-08-2017 06:27 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  
(11-07-2017 11:17 PM)Archanus Wrote:  I cannot view the Tree in Help, because I get random reboot. (HP Prime, not Emulator/PC)

Hello,

I have uploaded new files to Eric at hpcalc.org for the firmware only (2017.11.08) that should be availiable shortly. Basically, the part of the build process that assembles the language files into a resource binary for the firmware on the calculator only decided to not include the full filename with extension. Thus, when looking for the file it couldn't find it and only fell back to english.

This should have been caught on our side but due to some other things happening we could not run the full language validation scripts on the hardware (only on the various simulators) and this was missed. Apologies!

This new build doesn't fix the FREEZE problem does it?

Tom L
Cui bono?
11-08-2017, 11:29 PM
(11-08-2017 10:41 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  
(11-08-2017 10:37 PM)ekeppel Wrote:  reboots a few times trying to execute this program. The code is very simple and copied below in case it helps in nailing down the FREEZE bug:

1. Have you opened the source that lives in and closed it again? Does it still happen?
2. Please remove the STARTVIEW call and see if it still does.

Hi Tim,

I can't get it to crash but every once in a while. After seeing that FREEZE wasn't working and occasionally crashing, I replaced FREEZE with WAIT(0.5). For this program that works well enough for my needs. When I experimented by changing the WAIT back to a FREEZE and executed it, the calculator crashed.

Unfortunately, trying to replicate the crash by swapping FREEZE to WAIT and then back again doesn't trigger it again for me. It's almost like some period of time needs to pass before it will crash again. (?)

Opening / Closing the source and removing STARTVIEW didn't seem to change anything, but since I can't reliably duplicate the reboot, I am unable to more fully test that. Sorry that I don't have more for you.
11-08-2017, 11:35 PM
(11-08-2017 11:08 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  This new build doesn't fix the FREEZE problem does it?

No, I'm on today's FW and it's still an issue.
11-09-2017, 01:02 AM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2017 01:04 AM by Archanus.)
Thanks for the update Tim Smile

We're the beta-testers (Y) ! And yes, now I can view the UI in Spanish and the Help Tree works !
11-09-2017, 03:55 AM
Installed 12951 Connectivity Kit and Virtual Calculator on my Win 10 laptop, without a hiccup. Also downloaded the firmware update for my rev A calculator. I unzipped the contents of the firmware update into the Firmware folder inside the HP Connectivity Kit folder and then connected the calc to my laptop. Initiated the Update Calculator option from the Connectivity Kit and the process seemed to go without a hitch, but after it had finished the calculator's firmware still shows it to be the previously installed release (12066). The CK confirms this by opening the Update Calculator dialogue.

So I am wondering what I did wrong and how I might remedy it.

ter
11-09-2017, 07:35 AM
Hi,

Here too FREEZE dont' work. In predecessor firmware not work too.
I have replaced all FREEZE with WAIT in my programs.

Gérard.
11-09-2017, 07:45 AM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2017 07:46 AM by akmon.)
(11-09-2017 03:55 AM)Tim Roche Wrote:  Installed 12951 Connectivity Kit and Virtual Calculator on my Win 10 laptop, without a hiccup. Also downloaded the firmware update for my rev A calculator. I unzipped the contents of the firmware update into the Firmware folder inside the HP Connectivity Kit folder and then connected the calc to my laptop. Initiated the Update Calculator option from the Connectivity Kit and the process seemed to go without a hitch, but after it had finished the calculator's firmware still shows it to be the previously installed release (12066). The CK confirms this by opening the Update Calculator dialogue.

Are you sure you have inserted the rom in the correct folder? I mean in Documents -> Hp connectivity kit -> ROMs. If you don´t do that the app takes the old ROM inserted in that folder.

Thank your for this beta firmware, I´m going to do some tests of how it works.
11-09-2017, 08:08 AM
(11-09-2017 03:55 AM)Tim Roche Wrote:  Installed 12951 Connectivity Kit and Virtual Calculator on my Win 10 laptop, without a hiccup. Also downloaded the firmware update for my rev A calculator.... Initiated the Update Calculator option from the Connectivity Kit and the process seemed to go without a hitch, but after it had finished the calculator's firmware still shows it to be the previously installed release (12066). The CK confirms this by opening the Update Calculator dialogue.

(11-09-2017 07:45 AM)akmon Wrote:  ...
Are you sure you have inserted the rom in the correct folder? I mean in Documents -> Hp connectivity kit -> ROMs. If you don´t do that the app takes the old ROM inserted in that folder.

Thank your for this beta firmware, I´m going to do some tests of how it works.

/Users/username/Document/HP Connectivity Kit/Firmware here ...
However, Tim Roche, please, control the free memory: Shift-B (Mem) and then "Info" (both Memory and Storage); as I had a similar problem, and that time was the Storage not enough, so I had to do something... If Storage is ok, ignore my hint.

Salvo

11-09-2017, 09:44 AM
Is the new graph3d app the same as the latest release of the available app out there? I'm concerned if I restore a backup I made before updating the firmware, will my backed up graph3d write over something new and better?
11-09-2017, 03:58 PM
(11-09-2017 09:44 AM)webmasterpdx Wrote:  Is the new graph3d app the same as the latest release of the available app out there? I'm concerned if I restore a backup I made before updating the firmware, will my backed up graph3d write over something new and better?
do you speak about famous Han user app ? GRAPH 3D v2.425

The new 3D app is a system app, it's not related to the user app.
you will have both runing with their own data. no overwriting.

primer
11-09-2017, 04:29 PM
I think the values of transparency parameters in graphical commands should be consistent.

RECT_P - 0 = opaque, 255 = transparent
PIXON_P - 0 = opaque, 255 = transparent
BLIT_P - 255 = opaque, 0 = transparent

Piotr Kowalewski

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)