Exactly how do you update the DM42 Firmware?
12-28-2017, 09:00 PM
RE: Exactly how do you update the DM42 Firmware?
(12-28-2017 08:56 PM)Didier Lachieze Wrote:  Hi zeno333,
Given the number of questions you currently have vs. the current level of the instructions to update the DM42 firmware, I would recommend you to just wait until SwissMicros comes up with updated instructions for the production units.

I have just 1 question left unanswered...in step 4 of the USB driver install instructions it says to connect USB device, then go into Boot mode, AND then hit Reset...What I need to know if that is correct...Do I also hit Reset like it says to in step 4 here... https://www.swissmicros.com/dm42/doc/libusb_install/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-28-2017, 09:14 PM
(12-28-2017 09:00 PM)zeno333 Wrote:  ..in step 4 of the USB driver install instructions it says to connect USB device, then go into Boot mode, AND then hit Reset...

No it doesn't say that, the instructions are:
Quote:You have to initiate the device into bootloader mode by pressing BOOT0 button and then RESET.
So pressing BOOT0 and then RESET is the way to go into Bootloader mode. On your DM42 this is done by SETUP>System >Bootloader. Nothing else.
12-28-2017, 09:16 PM
I was confused the first time I flashed my DM42. Like you, most of my confusion arose from trying to match up what a list of instructions said to do with what I was seeing on the screen in front of me. Different desktop OSes of different versions running different antivirus software have been causing confusion for many DM42 owners. I understand your frustration, but no one can anticipate every problem that can be caused by those factors. It can take a little patience.

Your approach right now is making it extremely difficult for others to help you. Please follow the suggestions of others in this thread and do just a couple of things to help others help you:

Create an account at https://forum.swissmicros.com where you can ask for help in the forums that were specifically set up for swiss micros calculators. All of your posts here are in a forum area called "Not quite....but related". Support for a swissmicros product is best found in the swissmicros forums. Michael and David shouldn't have to constantly monitor other non-swissmicros forums if they have taken the time to set up the swissmicros forums for this very purpose.

Collect your questions, concerns, issues and try to be clear and descriptive about what you see on the screen and how it differs from what you expect to see. Do this on a notepad or in the notepad app or use the 'save draft' feature of the forum software. Before you post, use "preview post" to look at what you are about to post. This way, you can verify that the things you want others to read are being presented in a readable way.

Trust me. There are plenty of helpful people in the https://forum.swissmicros.com forums. I have just checked for your account. You aren't there. Once you are, you can search for me and see how confused I was at first but how my questions were answered.
12-28-2017, 09:56 PM
One would need a license to use a computer, and a forum too.

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-29-2017, 09:58 AM
(12-28-2017 09:56 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  One would need a license to use a computer, and a forum too.

Unfortunately, it is more than one forum.

Hans
12-29-2017, 12:22 PM
(12-28-2017 08:56 PM)Didier Lachieze Wrote:  Hi zeno333,
Given the number of questions you currently have vs. the current level of the instructions to update the DM42 firmware, I would recommend you to just wait until SwissMicros comes up with updated instructions for the production units.

My above question is a simple basic one...Either I need to do something with the stm32 ZIP file or I do not...I just need a simple direct answer then all is good.
12-29-2017, 05:50 PM
You do not.

The installation wizard does and does so automatically, behind the scenes, without your knowledge.

The file is there for beta testing and Swiss Micros only and I would imagine, if the wizard fails and you are adept at manually installing drivers in windows.

When you get to the instructions boot0 and reset, this referred to the beta versions installing the very first version of the firmware. Now substitute the boot0 with SETUP/System/Bootloader, which will cause the Device to be located and follow the rest of the instructions from the wizard.

Again, this is not the forum for primary DM42 help.

Geoff
12-29-2017, 05:53 PM
Ah, I see you were at the SWISSMICROS forum and have successfully updated by turning of windows defender for the installation.

Consider this thread to be ended.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)