New clone idea: How about a PC-G850VS or PC-E500 clone?
09-04-2024, 10:40 AM
RE: New clone idea: How about a PC-G850VS or PC-E500 clone?
(09-04-2024 10:08 AM)fy789 Wrote:  I almost order one of these kits, but then I read they are delivered in
very limited quantities (= long delivery lead time), and eventually I
gave up the idea of ordering one.

The color LCD screen with the backlight is a power hog.
I have a uconsole on order since Jan 2024, also hoping for delivery before the end of the year. I also have a CM4 devterm and use that quite a bit. It does burn quite a bit of power, turning the brightness of the screen down helps a bit, but a set of two 18650s lasts about 2 hours, maybe a bit more. It gets quite hot too. Very much different to the PC-G850VSs I have. They are definitely low power devices. The heat seal connectors all seem to be degraded now, though.
[/quote]
[/quote]

Yes, the uconsole seems to have a delivery time of about a year. The devterm came in about 90 days.

I think a Pico would be a better fit than a CM4. You wouldn't get Linux but you would get an impressive battery life and it would run cooler.
The display backlight is definitely a power hog, yes. You can turn it down. The display is also a MIP type display so more of a monitor streaming video all the time than a controller based pixel display. That probably burns a bit of power too.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New clone idea: How about a PC-G850VS or PC-E500 clone? - blackjetrock - 09-04-2024 10:40 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)