Android RPN app?
01-31-2021, 08:24 PM
RE: Android RPN app?
(01-31-2021 06:25 PM)Maximilian Hohmann Wrote:  ((2x(2x(2x(2x(2x(2+2^(2+.2))-(2+2))SIN))))/2)/2

mastering of AOS approved, Wink I would probably have needed STO/RCL for this.

(01-31-2021 06:51 PM)Valentin Albillo Wrote:  Actually, TI called it Calculating Handheld Algebraic Operating System, i.e.: CHAOS

As Maximilian showed it above Big Grin

(CH)AOS uses prefix, infix and postfix in its own non algebraic way. It seems it combines the disadvantages of CAS and RPN without their advantages.

My calculators - former: CBM PR100, HP41CV, HP11C, HP28S - current: HP48G, HP35S, Prime, DM41X, DM42, HP12C
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2021, 09:00 PM
Hello!

(01-31-2021 08:24 PM)Peet Wrote:  (CH)AOS uses prefix, infix and postfix in its own non algebraic way. It seems it combines the disadvantages of CAS and RPN without their advantages.

Or the other way round: Back then when I needed a calculator (school, univerity, post graduate) an HP would have cost more than a car and an aeroplane together, so I had to do it all with my Ti59 (which still works today). And with me 95% of the students of the time - all those girls and boys who later made Airbuses, space stations, cellurar networks, supercomputers, wind farms and all the other good and bad technological advances of the last 40 years. AOS can not be so terribly bad after all :-)

Regards
Max
01-31-2021, 10:16 PM
(01-31-2021 06:25 PM)Maximilian Hohmann Wrote:  ((2x(2x(2x(2x(2x(2+2^(2+.2))-(2+2))SIN))))/2)/2

I would have handle complicated expressions, in multiple steps.
This way, we have the benefit of seeing intermediate values, like RPN.

Besides, most AOS calculator cannot handle too many '(' levels.

2+2^(2+.2 =       ; 6.59479342
* 2 - (2+2 =        ; 9.18958684
SIN =
01-31-2021, 11:10 PM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2021 11:12 PM by johanw.)
(01-30-2021 11:48 PM)ctrclckws Wrote:  HP has published 12c and 15c emulators.
Also, Prime lite, and Prime Pro versions.
Some have reported that these are missing from Google play store.
Unfortunately yes, only the 12C emulator remains. However, with some searching an older version of the 15C emulator, and even cracked versions of the Prime emulatpor, can be found on several sites that do not respect the copyright laws very much. They work fine, also on modern Android versions.

The go1xc apps are excellent but they have issues with modern Android versions and are essentially abandonware. I only could get them running on Android 7 and up by using OneHandOperation from Samsung to emulate the menu button with a gesture, and on Android 10 in portrait mode. As they are abandonware the author would be very kind to make them open source, the changes required to get them running fine again are small.

Touch RPN is a paid app that emulates a 11C for free, and when paid it offers a 11C (ad-free), 15C, 10C or 16C.

For the often forgotten 16C there is an open source solution for Android: JRPN, see https://github.com/zathras/JRPN_Android .

There are further droid48 and derived from it, 48sx, both open source and they don't require a ROM image.

As for non emulators, there is https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...lk.rpncalc , a mix of HP1x functionality. It shows the entire stack on screen, but is not programmable.
01-31-2021, 11:37 PM
(01-31-2021 11:10 PM)johanw Wrote:  The go1xc apps are excellent but they have issues with modern Android versions and are essentially abandonware. I only could get them running on Android 7 and up by using OneHandOperation from Samsung to emulate the menu button with a gesture, and on Android 10 in portrait mode. As they are abandonware the author would be very kind to make them open source, the changes required to get them running fine again are small.

Which version are you using? I recently bought the 1.81 from the Play Store and can't even get it to run on my HTC U Ultra with Android 8.

The app runs on my Pixel with Android 11, but neither programs nor modules can be loaded because Android 11 don't allow access to the folder. So I don't have the paid advantage over the go41c by purchasing it.

I wrote an email to the author an I told him that it's very unfair to continue selling the app under these conditions. There was no reaction so far.

My calculators - former: CBM PR100, HP41CV, HP11C, HP28S - current: HP48G, HP35S, Prime, DM41X, DM42, HP12C
02-01-2021, 08:50 AM
(01-31-2021 11:37 PM)Peet Wrote:  Which version are you using?
I assume you're talking about go41cx, I run 1.7.0 from an illegal download. I have not tried loading modules yet but that has probably as little chance of success as with 1.8.1 so I see no reason to buy it.

The go1x versions can be used in landscape on my phone (Samsung A50 with Android 10) but then I have to rotate them twice before using them, otherwise the screen layout is distorted.

Quote:I wrote an email to the author an I told him that it's very unfair to continue selling the app under these conditions. There was no reaction so far.
I mostly bought the go1x variants because I was afraid they might leave Google Play completely, like the official HP15c app has. And because I could not find them online.

To access the sd card I'm now looking at some Magisk modules to get access to the file system again.
02-01-2021, 11:17 AM
Hello!

(01-31-2021 10:16 PM)Albert Chan Wrote:  Besides, most AOS calculator cannot handle too many '(' levels.

They can handle 9 levels. But that is seldom necessary (just like an RPN stack larger than four levels) if you think for a moment before entering your equation. And making use of operator precedence saves many unnecessary parentheses as well.

Regards
Max
06-13-2021, 03:11 PM
WRPN 16c is available for Android

https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...kud3JwbiJd
06-14-2021, 05:28 PM
@ post 1
I use apk apps for android: pmk61, Go49Gp, free42, Droid48 and HpPrimePro(RPN mode). Completely free of charge, without advertising and without other troubles. Just as a hobby.
Unfortunately, in my work on designing electronic devices and calculating mechanical components, I do not use these apps, as they lose out to TI(voyage, Nsire CX)/CASIO (2.0, 9860gii) calculators in terms of performance in the development of large programs.
01-24-2023, 11:10 PM
There is RPNCalc in the android marketplace. Collects no personal data, and doesn't share anything with any 3rd parties. And it uses the traditional HP interface look and feel, and placement of buttons.

Also, it's well reviewed. I like it a lot.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...n_US&gl=US
01-25-2023, 09:59 AM
RpnCalc is one of the first apps, I install on my Android devices.
I like that it has the look and feel of the Voyager series but in a form adapted to modern devices.
01-28-2023, 09:41 AM
(01-30-2021 11:31 PM)Ren Wrote:  Greetings,
I am curious which RPN calculator app you use on your Android device.
What do you like about it?
What don't you like about it?
I'm leaning toward one that will have the look and feel of a 15C or 16C, or maybe 48G.
I'm willing to pay (~$10) for a decent app that doesn't track or spy on me.
A search of "Android RPN" on this site only returned a thread that I didn't see any apps.
Thank you.

P.S. I am not sure if I should be using the "poll" option for these questions.

You can either use emu48 or free42 for free or if you want to pay a little bit you could try plus42 it's really great.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)