BASIC 1.0 on HP 41
06-21-2014, 06:00 PM
BASIC 1.0 on HP 41
There was an old shareware pgm called BASIC 1.0 for the HPO41. Anyone own this?

Any info on it? I always wondered.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-22-2014, 06:31 AM
RE: BASIC 1.0 on HP 41
I think I got a copy on an old tape, I remember using it back in the days of yore and the words "slow and limited" come to mind... I'll have a look in "the vault", who knows maybe the tape is still operational.
06-23-2014, 05:07 AM
well what would you say; found the tape and amazingly enough was still readable!
I've slapped the few programs that were on it into a ROM image (attached).

They came in a WALL file, so SIZE and other considerations may be important. Will scan the program documentation later today (weather permitting) - mind you, it's completely untested so use it at your own risk.

Attached File(s)
.zip  BASIC ROM - Proto.zip (Size: 7.82 KB / Downloads: 34)
06-23-2014, 03:40 PM
Thanks! You really know what you are doing
06-25-2014, 06:33 AM
The scanning is done and submitted to TOS - let me know your email if you want a copy as well. The program was written by Per Liedberg in Sweden, is he still around? He submitted it to the UPLE, reference number 112861.

I tried it on the CL - not a bad performance in TURBO 50 mode but excruciatingly slow at normal speed. Very limited command set, but still an interesting program. Shame it doesn't use ASCII files in X-mem, that would have been nicer but I guess it predated the release of the X-Functions.

Cheers,

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)