I will not post any emulator related postings any more
09-25-2021, 06:03 AM
RE: I will not post any emulator related postings any more
(09-25-2021 05:03 AM)DMaier Wrote:  
(09-24-2021 11:46 AM)Dave Britten Wrote:  If you're pining for the old days, I can start a thread about how the TI-59 is more powerful than the HP 67 or something. Smile

Well, if you can work in the TI-59's clear advantage due to the universally accepted superiority of putting the arithmetic operations on the right side of the keyboard...

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-25-2021, 06:21 AM
(09-25-2021 06:03 AM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  [quote='DMaier' pid='152490' dateline='1632546227']

Well, if you can work in the TI-59's clear advantage due to the universally accepted superiority of putting the arithmetic operations on the right side of the keyboard...

I got the opposite result when I polled left-handed people.

Tom L
Cui bono?
Find all posts by this user
09-25-2021, 11:23 AM (This post was last modified: 09-25-2021 11:24 AM by Gene.)
When I come to the forum, I don't click into one sub forum or another.

I always click on "View New Posts" just under the Welcome back, Gene text as shown in the attached picture. Click on it to make it bigger.

That way, I see all new posts, ** regardless ** of which sub forum they are in. Doesn't matter where a post is made, I and you can see them all this way.

A thread will show up if there is a response to it as well, no matter how long ago the thread was created, because it is showing new ** posts**.

Give that a try all.
Gene
09-25-2021, 02:43 PM
(09-23-2021 10:00 PM)Stevetuc Wrote:  And I'm not the only one guilty of thinking this as a search for emulator in the prime forum will attest.
And this https://www.hpcalc.org/details/8939

I added the word "Emulator" to the title there as a bit of SEO, so it would come up in Google searches when people look for a Prime emulator. As I say in the description, it is not an emulator, and HP doesn't call it an emulator. (I do call it a simulator but that probably is not correct either, but again, people might be searching for "HP Prime simulator".)

(09-23-2021 10:00 PM)Stevetuc Wrote:  The point I was making is that if an emulator (or simulator/dedicated application /...) is relevant in the prime forum, then an emulator of a non Prime calculator ought to be equally relevant in the General forum.

No, there are three things here.

First, there is the distinction between an emulator and the calculator being emulated. If someone has a discussion about the emulator itself, it should go under the "Not quite" forum. If someone has a discussion about the calculator being emulated, then it goes in the General forum, even if they are running it in an emulator.

Second, the HP Prime forum specifically says it is for everything about the Prime. That means the Prime Calculator, the Prime Connectivity Kit, and the Prime Virtual Calculator.

Third, as I've said, the Prime Virtual Calculator is not an emulator (probably not even a simulator, technically -- it's just the Prime environment running on a PC, Mac, iOS device, or Android device, as opposed to a Prime environment running on a Prime device), so it wouldn't be discussed in a forum about emulators anyway.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-25-2021, 05:28 PM
I've been using Flight Simulators for almost 30 years and have never heard about rc flight simulator. Thanks Dave, I'm gonna have a try.

To be relating to calculators, I'm trying to fly only with the HP 41 aviation Pac, although I'm struggling a bit.

To Christopher, all my gratitude for all these years of your emulator. You are a very important part of this very forum and in the history of calculators, no matter which part of the forum you post.

Cheers

P.S.: I thought of mentioning the use of the aviation rom of the TI 59, but I thought it won't be a good idea Smile
09-27-2021, 07:25 PM
These forums are provided for everyone's benefit and the moderators are just trying to do their best but as the contributions made by Christoph and others are obviously very useful (and I say that as a non HP48 user), and he somehow feels upset at his posts have been moved I was wondering if a compromise solution might be to create a separate sub forum for Emulators and Simulators in the HP Calculators Forum?

As the real hardware gets older (and some of it is already quite old) it seems to me that simulators are inevitably going to become the only way some of use are still able to use RPN on a day to day basis.

I'm quite happy for this message to be deleted if the moderators don't like the idea as I completely understand that having yet another forum to monitor isn't necessarily a good thing.

I'm just glad that this site exists and that the community that has grown up around it is so knowledgeable and helpful. Anyone that is prepared to use their own time to make it happen has my thanks.

Mike T.

HP21, HP25, HP32E, HP33C, HP34C, HP10C, HP11C, HP12C, HP32S, HP22S

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)