New HP Prime update 2.1.14730
04-24-2023, 07:02 AM
New HP Prime update 2.1.14730
Hi all,

The new Connectivity Kit and automatic update of Prime G2 have been released and posted on https://hpcalcs.com/download/. This update is now for Windows only + the Virtual Calculator, we're getting the MAC version ready as we speak, as well as the IOS and Android.

Changes in this version:
——————————
• Inference app, χ² goodness of fit tests, Numeric view: the degrees of freedom (DF) field is now automatically updated, whenever the number of categories changes, to be one less than the number of categories.
• CAS: Improved solving of polynomial inequalities.
• Function app, Plot view: the intersection-finding routine used by Fcn / Intersection has been improved.

A more detailed list is here:

——————————
1. Inference app, chi-square goodness of fit tests, Numeric view: The degrees of freedom (DF) field is now automatically updated, whenever the number of categories changes, to be one less than the number of categories. [PBT46]
2. CAS: Improved solving of polynomial inequalities. [PBT40]
3. Function app, Plot view: the intersection-finding routine used by Fcn / Intersection has been improved. [PBT51]
4. Geometry app, Plot view: Fixed incorrect descriptions. [PBT36]
5. Explorer app: Error messages are no longer displayed in the Plot view's Y-Intercept field when the number settings use comma as the decimal separator or when the Y-intercept's ordinate is large and commas are used as the thousands separator. [PBT70,PBT71]
6. PPL: MID(-) no longer clamps the start of substring extraction one character slot early. [PBT72]
7. Solve app, Numeric view: Checkboxes are now correctly linked with underlying selection data when there is more than one page of variables. [PBT74]
8. Sequence app: A SeqPlot app variable is now available. [PBT75]
9. Graph 3D app, Plot view: changes to the plot region ({X/Y/Z}{min/max}) are now kept after leaving a Plot view. [PBT77]
10. PPL: AFilesB no longer crashes when attempting to read past the end of a file or when attempting to read a file that it cannot open. [PBT78,PBT79]
11. PPL: Non-breaking spaces (Unicode code point U+00A0) are now treated as standard spaces (Unicode code point U+0020) during token parsing: non-breaking spaces are no longer accepted in identifiers and instead treated as separators. [PBT80]
12. PPL: Superscript 2 (Unicode code point U+00B2), minus sign (Unicode code point U+2212), and the other non-ASCII operator characters not allowed in identifiers after the first character are no longer accepted as the first character of an identifier. (Identifiers can still start with '%'.) [PBT81]
13. PPL: C1 control codes (Unicode code points U+0080 through U+009F) are no longer accepted as the first character of an identifier. [PBT84]
14. Chars palette: Typing no longer crashes the Virtual Calculator. [PBT85]
15. Chars palette: Incorrect pinyin tone numbers are no longer shown. [PBT86]
16. Chars palette: Automatic scrolling during pinyin input now brings new selections into view. [PBT87]
17. Chars palette: Pinyin choices in the palette no longer include tone numbers. [PBT88]
18. Memory leaks have been addressed. [PBT89,PBT90,PBT91,PBT92,PBT97,PBT101,PBT102,PBT103,PBT108,PBT109,PBT110]
19. Toolbox Catalog menu: the information window no longer automatically pops up, sometimes, immediately after closing it via a tap. [PBT95] The information window's presentation has been changed and the Copy key now copies the shown information to the clipboard.
20. CAS: "=" is now available in one of the menu buttons. [PBT96]
21. Statistics app, Plot view: the current number settings are now used for definitions in the caption area. [PBT98]
22. Statistics app, Plot view: long definitions no longer cause crashes in Plot view. [PBT99]
23. Connectivity Kit: attempting to rename a file with no file selected no longer crashes the application. [PBT111]
24. Windows .exe installers: the necessary Visual C++ Redistributables are now installed. [PBT118,PBT119]

----------------------

More updates will follow!

Product Manager HP for MORAVIA Consulting, the EMEA & AP Licensee for HP Calculators.

http://www.hpcalcs.com
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-24-2023, 07:13 AM
RE: New HP Prime update 2.1.14730
Many thanks for this update !

Gérard.
04-24-2023, 10:27 AM
Bonjour

Bonne nouvelle, merci pour cette mise à jour.

Hello

Good news, thanks for the update.

Sorry for my english
04-24-2023, 10:33 AM
Thank you! All five of my Primes (all different revisions) updated perfectly.
The best hardware is nothing without software.

Tom L
Cui bono?
04-24-2023, 01:54 PM
I'm so thankful for an update after all this time. Glad to see so many bugs squashed!

I didn't see this addressed so maybe it's just me, but I found that after updating there is significantly less screen tearing especially when scrolling quickly. I also noticed that scrolling quickly doesn't seem to incorrectly register a tap instead. Has anyone else noticed these changes?

Pretty happy with the update thus far, good work!

Cemetech | YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-24-2023, 08:50 PM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2023 09:16 PM by compsystems.)
Hello
CAS mode:
In the interpretation of sentences, the XCAS engine uses certain equivalent instructions, they are hidden in hp-prime, but it would be very useful if they were activated both for programming and for the use of expressions in the history.

for example, when entering
a:=15; [enter] returns 15
then
a+=1; [enter] returns 16
In this step it is shown that the equivalent instruction as a function is
increment(a,1);

but if you write increment(a,1); [enter] it is no longer interpreted returns increment(a,1), because the visibility of the function was not activated, activate these functions in the progress of updates,

Thank you
04-24-2023, 09:56 PM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2023 03:06 PM by salvomic.)
hi,
I installed the new CK here on the M1 ARM macbook with Windows 11 via Parallels and everything is fine.
However, I ask if there is a newer firmware for the calculator (especially G2, but also G1) because here I have a version 2.1.14603 (2021 12 02) now.

Thank you!

SOLVED:I reinstalled CK, the new firmware was downloaded and installed in the G2 correctly

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
04-24-2023, 10:20 PM
(04-24-2023 09:56 PM)salvomic Wrote:  hi,
I installed the new CK here on the M1 ARM macbook with Windows 11 via Parallels and everything is fine.
However, I ask if there is a newer firmware for the calculator (especially G2, but also G1) because here I have a version 2.1.14603 (2021 12 02) now.

Thank you!

Yes, there is an update for all revisions of the Prime as well as the virtual prime. If you run the new connectivity kit, connect your calculator and click Help, then Update Calculator. Then run the virtual calculator and click its Calculator menu choice then click Check for update.

The revision date on all three (CK, Prime and Virtual Prime) will be 2023 04 13.

Tom L
Cui bono?
04-24-2023, 10:23 PM
I see that the manual hasn't been updated. Will that be done soon?
Also Python is still very buggy and can crash the calculator easily. Please make fixing Python a high priority!

Tom L
Cui bono?
04-25-2023, 07:00 AM
(04-24-2023 10:23 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  I see that the manual hasn't been updated. Will that be done soon?
Also Python is still very buggy and can crash the calculator easily. Please make fixing Python a high priority!

Hi toml, yes that is something we're looking into for a future update.

Product Manager HP for MORAVIA Consulting, the EMEA & AP Licensee for HP Calculators.

http://www.hpcalcs.com
04-25-2023, 01:45 PM
Thank you very much for the long waited update!
Can't wait to receive the updates for Android as well.
04-25-2023, 02:07 PM
Thank you so very much for the update!!

Is it too early, LOL, to make a very small suggestion for the next update?

I use the Probability Wizard all the time (Toolbox->5 Probability->4 Prob Wizard.

After one enters the known values and is ready to calculate the unknown one (example, for Normal upper-tail, enter Bound, Mean, StDev, and you want to find Probability) I will STILL, after many years, invariably click the "OK" soft key in the far lower right instead of the "Solve" soft key. Would it be possible to relabel "OK" as "Exit"?    
04-25-2023, 02:41 PM
I installed the Connectivity Kit, it told me that the update was successful. Then I restarted the the PC (Windows 11 Version 22H2 für x64-basierte Systeme (KB5025239)). When starting the Connectivity Kit it gives an error statement "Verknüpfungsproblem falscher Parameter" ("connection problem, wrong parameter"). I tried the repair of the Connectivity Kit but that did not help.
What can I do? Thank you very much for any help.
04-25-2023, 03:13 PM
Thank you for the long awaited update.
Rawi, that only is a link to the file, so this is broken, find the connkit in your startmenu and copy the link to whereever you want.
Arno
04-25-2023, 11:37 PM
Another happy camper here. I was having trouble with the older conn kit on a Windows 10 laptop but the new one seems to work fine.
04-26-2023, 05:02 AM
Bonjour,
La dernière mise à jour a corrigé le fonctionnement de MID
qui se comporte maintenant comme dans les autres langages.
C'est à dire que si la position dépasse la longueur de la chaîne :
MID renvoie maintenant une chaîne vide "".
Dans le même ordre d'idée LEFT et RIGHT lorsque le nombre de caractères
demandé est 0 renvoient la chaîne complète au lieu d'une chaîne vide ce qui serai plus logique.
Enfin INSTRING n'accepte que 2 paramètres, un troisième permettant de choisir
la position à partir de laquelle la recherche commence serai le bienvenu.

Hello,
The last update corrected the operation of MID
which now behaves like in other languages.
That is, if the position exceeds the length of the string :
MID now returns an empty string "".
In the same way LEFT and RIGHT when the number of characters
requested is 0, they return the complete string instead of an empty string, which would be more logical.
Finally INSTRING accepts only 2 parameters, a third one allowing to choose
the position from which the search starts would be welcome.

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Sorry for my english
04-26-2023, 03:08 PM
(04-24-2023 10:20 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  Yes, there is an update for all revisions of the Prime as well as the virtual prime. If you run the new connectivity kit, connect your calculator and click Help, then Update Calculator. Then run the virtual calculator and click its Calculator menu choice then click Check for update.

The revision date on all three (CK, Prime and Virtual Prime) will be 2023 04 13.

Thank you,

Now I've fixed it, but I had to reinstall CK after deleting the previous version...
Then I created a Windows /Documents/HP Connectyvity Kit (virtual) folder and everything worked.

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
04-26-2023, 07:54 PM
THEY DID IT. THEY PUT OUT AN UPDATE.

Online shouting aside, great stuff! Thank you Klaas and everybody else over at the new team.
04-26-2023, 09:44 PM
Thanks. It updated perfectly. An update was needed, and here it is!
04-26-2023, 11:14 PM
thanks very much indeed; eagerly awaiting the MacOS and Android versions.

Cambridge, UK
41CL/DM41X 12/15C/16C DM15/16 17B/II/II+ 28S 42S/DM42 32SII 48GX 50g 35s WP34S PrimeG2 WP43S/pilot
Casio, Rockwell 18R

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)