App order keeps resetting
05-01-2023, 03:37 PM
App order keeps resetting
I have my app sorting set to "Fixed" and I used tap-and-drag to sort them the way I like. But several times now they've reset and lost my sort order. They don't appear to reset immediately and they will persist through a power off. But eventually they reset. I can't see what I'm doing to trigger it. Any ideas?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2023, 06:33 PM
RE: App order keeps resetting
I don't think you're doing anything to trigger it - this appears to be a known issue (I'm fairly new to the Prime, so I don't know the entire history). I have a revision D machine with the recently released firmware update and I see the same thing. I get "ghost apps" (apps that I have previously deleted reappear) which I have to delete, and then I have to reset the app order manually. I think this is a memory issue that has to be fixed, not anything the user is causing.

- Bruce
05-04-2023, 03:44 AM
Interesting. I didn't see it mentioned anywhere. Would be nice for usability if it could be fixed... doesn't seem like it could too subtle a bug to track down, and it's certainly convenient to rearrange apps. I PM'd Tim to see if it's on HP's tracker.
05-04-2023, 10:12 AM
(05-04-2023 03:44 AM)tppytel Wrote:  Interesting. I didn't see it mentioned anywhere. Would be nice for usability if it could be fixed... doesn't seem like it could too subtle a bug to track down, and it's certainly convenient to rearrange apps. I PM'd Tim to see if it's on HP's tracker.
You better should PM jte & Mr. Klaas Kuperus from Moravia.
The calculator business is handed over to Moravia, Tim and others is now longer involved.
05-04-2023, 01:27 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2023 01:28 PM by Didier Lachieze.)
For people interested in reporting bugs on the HP Prime, you can refer to this post to request access to the bug tracker.

(Just referencing an earlier post from jte)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)