HP 39gs to newRPL - Keyboard Overlay?
06-23-2024, 06:50 AM
HP 39gs to newRPL - Keyboard Overlay?
Recently, I acquired two new HP 39gs (I could not resist the 4€ sales offer).
After playing with its limited HP 38G-like language and variable handling I think I have to convert it to newRPL.

NewRPL seems to be the best way to make better use of the HP 39gs keyboard and display, even if its RAM may be a bit small.

The main problem is the different keyboard layout. Are there any keyboard stickers available? Do they stay on these small keys?

I have converted for my own use some HP-20b and 30b into WP34S, but I never mad the stickers myself.
There seems to be little information about suitable printers and which material works best.
I see these small Cricut cutter machines which seem to be the right tool for cutting these stickers.
What are the alternative options?

Martin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-23-2024, 08:37 AM (This post was last modified: 06-23-2024 11:45 AM by Steve Simpkin.)
RE: HP 39gs to newRPL - Keyboard Overlay?
See the following thread for availability of vinyl overlays and key stickers. Ordering instructions are at the bottom of the first post.
Adhesive vinyl overlays - C47 & WP43 (DM42), WP3xS, DB48X, newRPL variants available!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-24-2024, 10:23 AM (This post was last modified: 06-24-2024 10:23 AM by Martin Hepperle.)
RE: HP 39gs to newRPL - Keyboard Overlay?
Steve,

thank you, somehow I missed this thread. It contains all I need to know and if ready made overlays are available I will not have to make my own.

Martin
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)