Spreadsheet app saved as Function app
11-15-2016, 12:50 AM (This post was last modified: 11-15-2016 01:03 AM by resolved.)
Spreadsheet app saved as Function app
When I try to save a spreadsheet app, the new application gets saved as a Function app with the Function app icon and functionality. I completely lose the rows and columns of a spreadsheet and all the data contained within. I updated the Prime two weeks ago. Sorry I forgot how to access the version number on the Prime -- too much other stuff to remember for this small mind....

In addition -- when I connect to HPCK all the applications are displayed using the Function icon
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-15-2016, 06:09 AM
RE: Spreadsheet app saved as Function app
Hello,

Help key, tree menu, go all the way up, and then down to the 2nd help element (About HP Prime). Validate with Enter and you will get the version number.

Regards,
Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
11-16-2016, 11:01 AM
okay

software version: 2016 08 28 (10637)
hardward version: C
operating system: V0.048.635

the problem still exists, spreadsheets get saved as a function app. What can I do about this...
11-16-2016, 11:41 AM
Can you describe how you go about saving your spreadsheet? For example, are you using the connectivity kit, or are you using the physical prime, virtual prime, etc.? More details, please.

If you select [Apps], there should be a [Save] soft menu item, on the right side of the soft menu choices. If you select that and provide a name, your named spreadsheet should appear as a new item in the [Apps] list, with a spreadsheet icon.

This is how it works in my Win7 environment. I haven't been able to confirm that saving a spreadsheet, becomes a function app item.

-Dale-
11-17-2016, 06:24 AM
Hello,

Another important question is: what is the version of your con kit, if you are using it? (help/about windows)

Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
11-17-2016, 07:08 AM
on the physical HP Prime, i.e. handheld, I hit the Apps key, highlight Spreadsheets, hit enter to open, enter something into one of the cells, close the app by hitting the Esc key, hit the Apps key again, the Spreadsheet app is already highlighted, hit the Save, softkey, hit Edit, name the app, hit Enter twice and the NEW App appears NOT as a spreadsheet, but as a Function app with no data.......very frustrating....
11-17-2016, 10:23 AM (This post was last modified: 11-17-2016 10:44 AM by DrD.)
1. If you open the Application Library on your handheld prime and scroll all the way to the bottom of the App list, does your newly named spreadsheet show up there?

2. With your handheld prime connected to the the conn kit (via USB), if you expand the Application Library (in the left side pane) for your device, does your newly named spreadsheet show up there?

3. It may be that your active application is the Function App. Then when you work with the App tools, they would involve the Function App, not spreadsheets. From the Apps Library, it may be helpful to cursor over to the Spreadsheet app first, then [Save] a copy, and just work directly from that new (named) spreadsheet copy.

I followed the steps just as you have described, and newly named, saved spreadsheets do show up as saved spreadsheets, on my handheld devices. I'm not seeing your problem here ...

-Dale-
11-18-2016, 11:10 AM
in response to DrD
1. yes, in name only, but instead of being a spreadsheet, it is a Function app
2. yes, the same as in #1 above
3. I tried saving a Solve app, a Geometry app, all get save as a Function app

this did not happen to me before, only since I updated my handheld....

what to do?????
11-18-2016, 01:28 PM
I don't know if you had any problem during the update process, but it sounds like it would be worth re-installing the update components again. With much earlier releases, I had situations where I needed to do a complete reset on the virtual calc. That cleared some really troublesome things, back then.

I haven't had any such problems, especially like you are experiencing, with the latest releases (after 8151). I would recommend a complete fresh install. This includes doing a format in the handheld, from the utility resources. (Hold C-F-O keys down at once, push On key. Option 4 to format).

That should do the trick, because of the two calcs I have here, there are no such problems! Good luck.

-Dale-

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)