Classic, Woodstock and Spice Emulators
10-27-2016, 04:37 PM
RE: Classic, Woodstock and Spice Emulators
(10-27-2016 11:00 AM)teenix Wrote:  Maybe I could have got a job at HP way back then ;-)

For sure! And you are the only ACT assembler guy worldwide today.

If you have some time left: Can you please rewrite the HP-29C PAUSE code to stop when key is pressed for short, like in the other woodstocks. I consider it as a bug, that one has to hold down the R/S key for long time to stop a running program within the PAUSE instruction.

Bernhard

That's one small step for a man - one giant leap for mankind.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-28-2016, 05:44 AM
(10-27-2016 04:37 PM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  If you have some time left: Can you please rewrite the HP-29C PAUSE code to stop when key is pressed for short, like in the other woodstocks. I consider it as a bug, that one has to hold down the R/S key for long time to stop a running program within the PAUSE instruction.

Bernhard

I'll have a look when I have some free time.

cheers

Tony
10-28-2016, 08:48 PM
(09-25-2016 10:56 PM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  
(09-22-2016 06:02 PM)Dieter Wrote:  And maybe someone in this community even is able to design a dedicated HP printer font for the 19C/97 and other printing calculators from this era. In this case we would have to define some special characters.

This would solve all of the above HP-19C printer issues. Smile

Bernhard, have you noticed this post ?-)

Dieter
01-16-2017, 02:20 AM
(06-10-2016 07:24 PM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  Recently I released an HP-67 emulator for Windows, which is discussed in this thread

Now I released many more microcode emulators for the Classic models, complete Woodstock models and complete Spice models.

You can download them for free.

Classic
Woodstock
Spice

There is no installation necessary except the optional 7-Segment font. The manual is part of the HP-67 download.

If anybody will sell an HP-70 to me, I will be interested for extracting the microcode, which nobody has done yet, therefore this emulator is missing. Sad

Bernhard
Where do you get the option 7 segment font??
01-16-2017, 12:16 PM
(01-16-2017 02:20 AM)zeno333 Wrote:  Where do you get the option 7 segment font??

It is named "LEDcharset_class.TTF" and part of the download file. Originally it is designed by Louis C. Vieira.

Bernhard

05-30-2017, 02:55 AM
(10-27-2016 04:37 PM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  For sure! And you are the only ACT assembler guy worldwide today.

If you have some time left: Can you please rewrite the HP-29C PAUSE code to stop when key is pressed for short, like in the other woodstocks. I consider it as a bug, that one has to hold down the R/S key for long time to stop a running program within the PAUSE instruction.

Bernhard

Hi Bernhard

I finally had a fiddle with the code and not sure how reliable it will be, but I have a text microcode file for the 29C with the pause modification in it.

The pause will stop immediately if a key is pressed.

http://www.teenix.org/29CPauseMod.asm

I'll leave it on the web site for a few days.

cheers

tony
05-30-2017, 10:42 AM (This post was last modified: 05-30-2017 10:43 AM by PANAMATIK.)
(05-30-2017 02:55 AM)teenix Wrote:  Hi Bernhard

I finally had a fiddle with the code and not sure how reliable it will be, but I have a text microcode file for the 29C with the pause modification in it.

The pause will stop immediately if a key is pressed.

Yes, it works. Brilliant solution by just altering 6 instructions. You were very lucky to find the 5 nops at 5773 to 5777 for this patch. And you adjusted the Pause loop time by loading 5 instead of 6 in the c register.

Congratulations! You removed a HP-29C bug after 40 years! Interestingly the twin calculator HP-19C did not have this bug. I will implement this in my HP-29E and in the HP-29 PC emulator.

Bernhard

05-31-2017, 08:26 AM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2017 08:35 AM by Dieter.)
(01-16-2017 12:16 PM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  
(01-16-2017 02:20 AM)zeno333 Wrote:  Where do you get the option 7 segment font??

It is named "LEDcharset_class.TTF" and part of the download file. Originally it is designed by Louis C. Vieira.

Yes, Luiz provided this font (and others) years ago. There is something special with the LED font that you (zeno333) should know: The decimal point can be displayed both between two digits (like on most Woodstocks and all Spices) and as a digit of its own (like on the 65/67/97). In the first case the point is mapped to the "." dot resp. "," comma that appears between two digits, in the latter case it's the ";" semicolon which takes a whole digit's width. The font also includes some characters that are used for messages.

Dieter
06-01-2017, 05:24 AM
Possible yes. But the emulator described here is not for a Saturn-based machine, like the 32SII. The firmware of such a machine is sadly not available. One could simulate the functionality, but that is another story.

Anyways, impressive work ! Well done !!
06-02-2017, 08:51 AM
Is there an emulator for the algebraic HP-22S or a algebraic financial version of that?
06-02-2017, 07:52 PM
(06-01-2017 03:45 AM)emersone12 Wrote:  Is HP32SII emulator possible?

There is an HP-32SII emulator for Windows here.

Note that this free download does *not* include a ROM image, but the fact that this exists implies it can be extracted, though it does take some effort to do so. There is info on the page on how to go about extracting the ROM.

--Bob Prosperi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)